Chapter 3

Y/N's POV:

"Minho!" Newt exclaimed when we got close to him.

"Hey, Newt! What's up? And what's she doin' here? Alby was supposed to show her around." Minho spoke, crossing his arms and glancing at me for a moment.

"Well, our slinthead's kinda busy and he put me to ask someone else to give her the Tour." Newt replied.

"And why did you come to me? You can't do this and you want me to find someone else?" Minho asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Well... you spent the most time with her so I think you should give her the Tour." Newt answered.

"Can't you put someone else to do it?" I queried, looking at Newt, hoping he'll accept.

"I don't think you want another boy to do this. Minho seems to be the only shank who doesn't stare at you." Newt said with a laugh and I rolled my eyes.

Boys.

I looked at Minho who seemed to be bored of this discussion so he said: "Fine. I'll show her around. But you owe me your life for this."

"Okay. Try not to scare her or make her cry." Newt uttered, smirking at me while heading away.

I was shocked.

How could he say that?

"I might be a girl but it doesn't mean I'm weak and fearful." I mumbled for myself.

"Yeah. You say this now but I don't think you're gonna be strong enough to not cry after you hear 'bout the Grievers." Minho said with a laugh.

I hate him.

I didn't say anything though, I just rolled my eyes.

"Follow me," he said, starting to explain. "So. There's the Med-jack's hut," he continued, pointing to the wooden building in which I woke up earlier. "And there's the-" he added but I interrupted him.

"I don't care about this Glade. The buildings and gardens seem pretty obvious so I don't need anyone else to tell me what they are for. I wanna know about the Maze." I spoke, looking at Minho.

A smile appeared on his face.

"I didn't think you'll want to know more about that place after you saw how it looks like by yourself." he replied with a smirk.

"It seems more interesting than the Glade," I shrugged. "You said something about 'Grievers'. What's a Griever?" I continued interested.

"They're some things that are living into the Maze." Minho said. He was looking me in the eyes for the first time since we've met. I didn't even notice before that his eyes' color was black.

"How do they look like?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"All we know is that they're out there and that they're not very friendly. If you have the misfortune to meet one, it stings you." he uttered seriously.

"What happens if you get stung?" I asked curiously.

"Well... you'll be banished." he answered.

"Banished where?"

"Into the Maze. Where else?"

"But why there?"

"Cause no one can survive a night inside it by his own." he said, waiting for my reaction.

I wasn't scared. Surprisingly, I was even more interested in it.

"That's all you know?" I questioned.

"Yeah. For now. And as you saw, it's a very big place," he said. "But where are the tears?" he continued, looking at my face, smiling.

"You're not serious! You expected me to cry?" I asked angrily.

"Well, yeah. A few shanks cried when they heard about the Grievers." he said with an amused giggle.

"And where do I know that you weren't one of them?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

"Do I really look like someone who'd cry for little things? I'm not scared of anything, sunshine." he spoke proud of himself.

"I'm pretty sure about that." I rolled my eyes.

But just when I was about to leave, Alby came to us.