Chapter 27

Y/N's POV:

Ben?

I worriedly looked at Minho. He glanced at me with the same expression.

Thank God.

The next second, Newt came to us in a hurry.

"Minho. Gathering. Now." he said and then rushed to the other Keepers.

"We aren't done yet." Minho told me with a determined tone and quickly went to the Council Hall, in his limping rhythm.

He really hurt his ankle.

I just watched him go away from me.

I won't escape with talking to Minho about what I remember. At least I'll have to watch Teresa so I won't need to sleep in the same room as him.

While the Gathering was taking place, I went and ate my lunch, being ready to turn back to the girl and let Jeff mind his own business but Thomas sitting down at the base of a tree, alone, changed my direction as I headed towards him.

"Hi, Thomas!" I waved at him as I planted myself next to him.

"Hi, Y/N!" he said back.

The reason I wanted to stay there with him was to finally have a conversation about memories and the past.

"So..." I carefully started, trying to find my words. "Do you like- remember anything from before?"

He looked at me confused and panicked at the same time.

"Don't tell me Alby put you to interrogate me," he spoke irritated. "He won't leave me alone." he mumbled, mostly to himself, but I heard him anyway.

"No. I ask you this for myself because I know your presence here, together with Te- the girl isn't good." I told him, almost letting Teresa's name to be spoken. I think he didn't realise that.

"How do you know that?" he asked with a perplexed look.

"I'm the one asking questions here and if you tell me what you know, I'll tell you what I know." I said to him, making it sound like an offer. It really was something good for both of us.

His eyes went down to his hands.

"This place..." he began unsure. "I feel like I've been here before it's- familiar." he uttered, looking at me with a concerned look like I was about to banish him for what he told me.

"And about the girl? You remember her?" I insisted.

"No, I don't. But I feel like I know her- like we knew each other before," he explained and then his expression turned into fear. "And I feel like it with you too."

I started to look around. I didn't think his words can affect me that much, but I was mistaken.

"So you don't remember anything specifically. You just feel like this place is familiar to you and that you think we knew before." I tried to make myself understand. He nodded.

"Well, I remember you." I lowly confessed to him. I didn't have in plan to tell him everything, but for the moment, I wanted to see if he will say anything else.

His eyes widened.

"You remember me?" he repeated. I nodded. "How?"

"I had dreams and stuff. You and the girl were there and from the moment I saw you here, I knew something wrong is going to happen." I explicated him.

"And what exactly do you know?" he queried interested.

"Greenie, I don't know if you're the right person I should confess this to, taking into consideration I've been hiding these things for a year and a half." I revealed.