Chapter 17

Y/N'S POV:

I groaned as I felt my head hurting again.

I put my hands on my face but quickly used them to get myself into a sitting position on the bed.

I knew I was in the Med-jack's hut. And I knew I fainted for that unbearable pain. But what I didn't understand was why.

I looked to my right and saw Minho sitting on a chair, glancing at me.

"Hey," he said, taking my right hand in his. "You good?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." I replied, my voice a little bit hoarse.

After I finished, I looked up to see Newt, Clint, and Jeff coming to us.

"Are you okay?" Clint asked, bending on his knees next to my bed as now, he was glancing up at me.

"Yeah. Now I'm good."

"What happened?" Newt said, crossing his arms while analysing me worriedly.

"I don't know. After you sent me into the woods, my head just started to hurt for no reason. It still does but not that bad," I started to explain but they didn't say anything else. "Wasn't it supposed to be a meeting right now?" I asked, trying to change the subject. I didn't want them to become suspicious.

"Actually, yes. We were waiting for you to wake up," Minho replied. "We should go to the Council Hall," he added and then stood up. "Can you walk?" he asked and I followed his movement. Or at least I tried.

It didn't last even two seconds before I felt my head burning with pain as it made me collapse.

But I never managed to touch the ground as Minho caught me, pulling me back to my feet. His hands were wrapped around my waist to keep me in place.

I felt like my legs were made of jelly, unable to help me stand.

"So this is a no?" he questioned with a small amused
smirk.

"No... I just... I just have to get used to it." I replied, looking up at him.

"Come on, shanks. Let's go!" Jeff said and got out. I just watched how he opens the door and passes outside but I didn't move a finger.

Soon, Clint joined him and then Newt.

I remained still inside, between Minho's arms.

"We should go too." he said in a low voice. I hardly nodded and let go of his grip.

I felt everything spinning around me but I soon got used to walking again.

Minho's right hand was resting on my back as I was trying to keep my balance and not fall.

We slowly went to the Council Hall where the boys already started to gather.

As we entered, I saw only stairs that were taking us to a semicircle, surrounded by improvised fences and two supporting poles.

I've never been there before.

Some boys were already sitting on the stairs, waiting for the meeting to start.

Am I supposed to stay there too since I'm not a Keeper?

Alby was already in the semicircle, together with the other Keepers that remained, Minho, Newt, and Clint being the missing ones.

He made us a sign to go to him.

Please tell me I'm allowed to stay there with you.

As we reached the bottom of the stairs, now facing Alby, he said: "You're gonna stay with us Greenbean. Since you're a girl, it makes you a little special from the others." he smiled.