Chapter 5

Y/N's POV:

After Minho left the room, I looked around for a second.

Then I decided to go outside as well.

I went down the stairs, stopping in front of the door which was blocking me from seeing the light in the Glade.

But just before I could open it, a loud sound started to fill the place I was in. And right then, I realised that the gate through that I entered into the maze earlier was closing. It seemed impossible but it was happening.

I headed in that direction, first walking and then running.

But while I was pushing my legs forward even faster, someone caught my arm, causing me to lose my balance, being about to fall. But luckily, he wrapped his other arm around my waist, pulling me back to my feet, my hands being on his shoulders and I immediately lifted my head to look at his face.

"Please don't tell me you wanna kill yourself on your first day here." Minho said, watching me insistently but I turned my gaze to the doors, now almost closed, the sound still filling the Glade.

"No, I don't. I only wanted to watch the doors closing nearly but you stopped me." I uttered, the noise suddenly stopping.

When I turned to see the gate, it was completely closed, now nothing and no one being able to enter or exit the maze.

"It seemed like you were very determined to enter in there again, just like you did the first time." he said seriously.

"I didn't want that. I hate this place but unfortunately for you, I'm not gonna kill myself too soon." I replied. He smiled.

"You really think I want you to die? Well, if I let you do that, then Alby will kill me too, but nah I don't want it." Minho spoke honestly, looking at me.

"I thought you hate me." I frowned.

"Well... you don't seem that bad after all." he uttered with a little smirk.

"Yeah. You too."

"But you know that if you're gonna go again into the Maze, you'll be punished, right?" he asked and I tilted my head to the side.

He knows what he's doing.

"What? What are you talking about?" I questioned at my turn.

"Oh, yes, of course you don't know that 'cause you didn't let me tell you!" he exclaimed irritated. "If you thought that here there are no rules then you were wrong. Because we do have. Three." he continued.

"So what can't I do?" I raised my eyebrows intrigued.

"Well, first. Never harm another glader. But I don't think you're gonna do that so everything's perfect. Second, do your part. Like all of us, you'll have a job. And third-" he started to explain but I interrupted him.

"Wait. Why didn't you tell me this before? I think it's kinda important here. What job can I have? And what's yours?"

"Let me finish the first sentence and then I'll tell you the rest because you need to know," Minho said. "And third, which is the most important, never go beyond those walls." he continued.

"Okay, and now answer my questions." I pressed.

"You asked me what's my job. Well, I'm a Runner-" he started but I stopped him again.

"What does a Runner do?"

"Shuck it, you really like interrupting people while they talk. Can you just ask questions after I finish a sentence? Not while I'm still talking?" he said angrily and I rolled my eyes but nodded afterwards.

Then he let me know what he's doing while we were walking through the Glade.

He told me that he's going into the Maze every day from morning till evening and he turns back before the doors close and yeah other stuff. He also told me about the Keepers and the other jobs.

I honestly don't like anything besides being a Runner or a Med-jack. They attract me somehow.

He also gave me the Tour which I didn't want to have before but, of course, I didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. I was mostly looking around.

But then Newt came to us.

"Minho, I need you to help me with something." he said.

"Okay." Minho simply replied before they left me alone in the middle of the Glade.

Because I didn't have anything better to do, I went into my room, well actually Minho's room which now he shares with me so it's basically mine too.

I went there and I laid on the bed.

I fell asleep almost instantly.