Chapter 7

Y/N's POV:

When I woke up, I didn't know what's going on.

I slowly got up into a sitting position on the bed until I saw Minho next to me, his eyes fixed on my figure.

Though, I still remembered the dream completely. Like it actually happened. Maybe it was a memory.

It just seemed so real... Can it be...

"Hey," Minho said, waving his hand in front of my eyes. Then I noticed that I was looking blank at the floor, completely lost in my thoughts. "You okay?"

I blinked at him. Twice.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, still confused.

"You had a nightmare or something?" he asked.

"No. I just... I just forgot for a second what's going on." I responded and I wanted to slap myself for that lie.

"If you're alright then let's go. The bonfire will start soon. Come on. The others must be waiting for us." Minho uttered and he got up from the bed.

I slowly did the same and we both went outside where it already started to get dark.

"Couldn't you just let me sleep a little longer?" I questioned while walking through the Glade towards the boys which were gathered around something, waiting for us to come.

Maybe I could've found out even more.

"Alby put me to wake you up. I'm sorry that I didn't let ya get your beauty sleep.0 he said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Can't they do it without us?" I questioned again.

"The bonfire is basically for you so we can't do this without you here." he spoke.

"It's a lot better to sleep." I mumbled but I think he heard me because he seemed amused.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"You're shucking right. It's a lot better to sleep but we can't do it forever," he said. "Unfortunately." he continued and I smiled, shaking my head slowly in amusement.

"Finally you're here!" Alby exclaimed when Minho and I arrived to them. "OKAY, BOYS, LIGHT IT UP!!" our leader shouted and the others threw some thick sticks on fire towards that tall construction of wood so it filled the place with a lot of light. After that, all of them cheered and parted around.

I was just staring at the fire but someone brought me back to reality. It was a boy I didn't meet before.

"Wanna play a game with us?" he asked, putting an arm around my shoulders.

I grimaced.

"What game?" I questioned back.

"Truth or dare." he replied smirking mischievously, talking like it was nothing wrong about it.

"Um... No thanks. I'm fine." I told him and then I left, leaving him with a surprised expression. I don't think he expected me to say no.

Honestly, I don't wanna play. Who knows what will they put me to do if I say "dare" or who knows what are they going to put each other to do. It's better like this. And anyway, I don't know that boy.

I went to a log and I placed myself on it, watching the others. A guy was fighting with other boys, others were talking, and the rest were playing "truth or dare".

This is my first day here and I'm just staying away from the others. Good start, Y/N.

When I looked up, I saw Newt and Minho with other two boys coming in my direction.

"Hey, Y/N." Newt said and I smiled as he sat down on my left, Minho on my right, and the other two in front of us on another log.

"So, Y/N, this is Winston. He's the Keeper of the Slicers." Newt said, pointing to the thin guy.

"It doesn't sound that good." I stated, looking at the blonde boy.

"It's not," he laughed. "I think Minho told you about the Slicers so I'm not entering in other details. And this is Frypan, the Keeper of the Cooks." he continued, pointing to the other guy.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled kindly at them while they both did the same.

"You don't talk too much to the others, huh?" Minho asked me, smirking.

"No." I responded as I analysed the ground. I was still thinking about that dream.

"Hey, try this," he suddenly spoke, handing me a jar with a strange liquid inside. "Maybe it'll help you gain some energy."

I took it and I smelled it. It had a weird smell. I looked at the others and they all glanced back at me grinning. They seemed like they were trying to control themselves from bursting into laughter.

"You don't want to poison me, right?" I asked kinda worried.

"No, we don't. Just try it and tell us how it tastes," Newt said but I just stared at him. "Come on, it's okay. Just try it." he laughed.

I rolled my eyes but I still drank a little bit from that thing. Luckily, I didn't take too much. It tasted horrible. After I swallowed, I started to cough.

"What the hell is this? It's terrible!" I exclaimed, giving back to Minho his jar. All of them started to laugh. "I don't know what's so funny. I don't know what I did to deserve it. That thing tastes awful. How can you even drink it?" I continued, still disgusted.

"We didn't even think you're gonna like it. This is Gally's secret recipe. All the Greenies do the same as you did when they try it for the first time. At least all of them for now. But you'll get used to it if you drink more often." Minho uttered with a smile.

"Maybe, but I'm not gonna drink from that thing ever again."

"You lose." he replied, drinking a bit from his jar. I rolled my eyes.

---------------------------------------------

We all talked about a lot of things and I got to know them better. Not only Minho is the sassy and sarcastic one though. He's got some competition.

We have some things in common but I didn't dare to say anything about my dream. I didn't want to ruin this night and plus, I don't even know what that was. Like, it could be something that my mind created but I don't think so. Maybe it was a memory but who knows? I don't care and I don't have what to do about it.

I can only accept what my life became. Living in the Glade for the rest of my life with a lot of boys that are just staring at me around. Great.

We talked for like two hours until Alby told us to go to bed because it's late. We all did what he said and we got to our rooms or hammocks.

I was walking with Minho to the Homestead.

"So, how was your day here?" he asked.

"Well... besides the whole Glade which is staring at me... it was fine." I replied.

"That's good. It will be hard for you, the only girl, to live here but you have me so your life will be better from now on." he said smirking and I chuckled.

"Yeah, lucky me." I uttered sarcastically.

We arrived to our room and I laid on my bed for the second time in this day.

"Good night!" I said to Minho before he turned off the light.

"Night!" he replied.

I thought about our conversations and dream until I fell asleep.

Now, I was dreaming again.