Chapter 18

It's been so long since I posted the last chapter omg.

Well, somehow, I'm here with another one and honestly, I've been working on it for a month. It was hard for me to find some time and to also remember the ideas I got as I have a lot to study and my mind isn't quite at writing rn.

I still like doing it and I'll keep posting until I finish what I've started.

I won't give up on this book, as I've said, but the updates will be just slow because of my limited free time.

Well, if you actually read it, I love you, and I hope you enjoy this part💕🥰

Y/N's POV:

"Minho?" I asked, trying to stop myself from letting other tears fall.

I didn't want to seem weak. I didn't want him to see me cry.

Honestly, weeping only shows weakness and I don't like that. I must act like I'm brave, like I actually don't hate myself for what I did. Like everything seems alright. Just the way the others think.

But let's be honest now. The Runners won't find an exit too soon. They just don't want to admit it. If there actually had been an exit, then four months should have been enough to find it. Or, the Maze is colossally big so, if there is a way out, it won't be discovered pretty quickly.

"Yeah?" my friend replied in the same low tone.

"What's going to happen?" I insisted.

Minho hesitated a little at first as I had to wait a few seconds before he started to talk again.

"We'll probably banish Steve, the boy who got stung. I'll ask Alby about it." he spoke, still keeping me between his arms.

"Oh.." I said quietly. "That's... that's not good I- I'm sorry... I'm really really sorry." I stammered.

"I told you. It's fine." he spoke, pulling away so he could look me in the eyes.

"No, it's not shucking fine!" I suddenly exploded.

I couldn't take it anymore. Hearing him say those words it's just making me wanna scream or punch him. He clearly knows what kind of klunk we're in and thinking that everything is pink and awesome isn't making you feel better. It's just unfocusing you from the important things and then, later, it will actually make you think that they're real since you lied to yourself for so long.

"That's a shucking lie and you know it! You're aware of how things are going. You know that there's no chance for that boy to survive. Why do you even keep trying to act like everything's okay when it obviously isn't?!" I continued, raising my tone as I walked over to him, determining my friend to step back towards the wall. "Maybe if you accept the reality and stop dreaming about unicorns and candy lands, you can get over it and focus on important things!" I said seriously.

I didn't mean to be rude. I just couldn't control myself anymore. Even if he's trying to comfort me, saying that everything's fine it's just making it worse because I know how the world we live in is.

He didn't say anything. He just watched me with an expressionless face.

He abruptly grabbed my waist, turning us around so he could pin me against the wall.

I was actually scared about this position as I couldn't do anything to escape so I felt extremely vulnerable.

And worse is that I didn't know if he wanted to slap or beat me up. But he definitely was angry.

"You want me to tell you the truth then?" he asked through clenched teeth. "You want me to tell you that there's no way out of this shucked place and that we're all gonna die slowly, one by one?! That's what you want? Huh? You think I don't know anything about the things around me? You think I'm stupid or what? I was just shucking trying to comfort you even if I knew that what I said was just bullshit." he continued, looking into my eyes the whole time.