Chapter 6

Minho's POV:

After I helped Newt clean the Map-room, it was already getting dark so I went to find Y/N.

I searched after her all over the Glade but she was nowhere to be found. That made me go into the Dead Heads too but no luck.

Where did she go?

But then I spotted Alby and I ran towards him.

Maybe he knows or maybe he saw where she went.

"Hey, Alby," I said while I was jogging to him. "Have you seen Y/N?" I continued.

"The last time I saw her was when she was with you." he replied with a frown.

"So you don't know where she is..."

"But what happened? Why are you looking for her?" Alby asked.

"While I was showing her around, Newt came and told me to help him with something so I left her there, but now I don't know where she went."

"Did you search in the woods?"

"Yes." I simply said.

"In your room?"

And then I realised that I didn't even think about it.

Stupid me.

"I didn't." I mumbled.

"Well, if you said she wasn't anywhere then this is the place where she must be," Alby spoke. "And by the way, Minho, the bonfire will start soon so you better find her." he continued. I nodded and then I made my way to the Homestead.

There, I went up the stairs and I passed the corridor until I was staying in front of the door from my room. I opened it and when I looked around, I saw her on her bed, sleeping.

I went closer to sit down near the girl, trying to put myself to wake her up.

She was actually cute... but no. I have to wake her up. I don't like her. Or I do? No. Yes, she's pretty but I can't let this happen. Come on, Minho, you can do it.

So I started to shake her.

Y/N's POV:

I was dreaming.

A lot of scenes passing in front of my eyes were making nonsense. They were fast and I couldn't recognise anyone. A lot of persons staring at me, a few kids around me were talking and laughing but I couldn't see their faces clearly.

And all this time a woman was talking. Nonsense of course. She was saying some words that weren't even making a proper sentence. But then, everything stopped.

I could see everything. I was with four other kids and I recognised two of them, but the other two... I don't remember anything about them.

I was with Alby and Minho. In my right and my left were some metal bars like in a prison but nothing on the other side. Only darkness. Behind me was a wall so we were at the end of something. In front of us were a lot of people but I couldn't see them because of the powerful light they were holding over us.

"Why don't we go back?" the girl asked.

"I think they don't want us to go back yet." a voice said. I assume it was Alby.

"Did you hear that?" Minho queried. I know it was him because I heard his voice almost all day.

"Hear what?" the other boy that I don't know asked.

"Steps. It seems like someone's coming to us."

But then I heard that too. The sound wasn't coming only from one thing. It seemed to be hundreds. That noise was soon accompanied by a lot of screams and groans, everything becoming closer. Those things were very close.

And then, out of the dark, humans... or I think they were humans, started to push with their bodies into the bars, all of them trying to catch us.

They were full of scratches and blood, their clothes were dirty and torn and if you looked in their eyes, you could see only madness.

For a reason or another, I was hugging Minho. We seemed to be close to each other like best friends or something but I don't remember.

Though, I wasn't scared. I felt sorry for those people who seemed to be completely insane and helpless.

Just when Alby screamed that we need to go back, I woke up.