034

"Not a word about what happened last night to Sam, got it?" I order, fast walking through the hospital with Dean next to me, easily keeping up with my pace. We stayed a few inches apart.

"Yeah, okay. But Jennifer-"

"Not now, Dean." I sigh.

"Then when?!" Dean exasperates. I only frown, not answering him.

After my dumbass spilled the beans to Dean on how he was my first kiss, I didn't mention anything else about that fact or about our kiss. I just pretended like it never happened. Dean noticed it right away and did the same.

The kiss was a mistake. A big one. Too many things were wrong with it. For one, Dean was my friend, my colleague, and I swore to myself that I would never get romantically involved with a hunter. I just couldn't do it. Hunters are the reason my whole family is dead. They're the reason I lost my innocence. 

There also can't be any tension when it comes to a job like this, we all have to work hand in hand, in sync. Kissing Dean has jeopardized that whole system we had going on.

Not to mention, he's my best friend's brother. As cliché as it sounds, that fact alone should have been a damn bright neon sign telling me not to kiss Dean freaking Winchester.

And, oh yeah, almost forgot...it was my first kiss! That part was kinda skipped when I lost my virginity. Something about it being too romantic and that he was in a rush. I don't freaking know.

Because of all those reasons, I kept telling myself it was a mistake. I kept repeating the reasons over and over again in my head. It didn't seem to work though.

Because truth be told, no matter how much I try denying and avoiding it, I enjoyed that kiss. I wanted more. Every time I was around Dean, my body felt on fire. That's why I'm making sure there is some kind of space between us, both figuratively and literally. I just need the time to take control of my body and mind again.

"Hold on there, kids." Two officers hold up a hand, preventing us from continuing over to Sam.

"Oh, it's alright. We're with him. That's my brother. That's—hey, brother!" Dean calls out to Sam who's down the hall with the sheriff. I look at Dean weirdly.

"Let'em through." The sheriff tells the two officers. They slowly move out of our way.

"Thank you." I force a smile, continuing my fast pace, walking in front of Dean now. Sam meets us halfway.

"Are you alright?" I ask Sam worriedly as soon as he is close enough.

"Yeah." Sam answers plainly, continuing his walk towards where Dean and I came from.

"What the hell happened?" Dean questions.

"Hookman." Sam stresses.

"Wait what, you saw him?" I furrow my brows.

"Damn right." Sam stops in front of Dean and I. "Why didn't you guys torch the bones?" Dean and I glance at each other and I clear my throat, looking back at Sam.

"We did, Sam."

"Are you sure it's the spirit of Jacob Karns?" Dean asks.

"Sure as hell looked like him. And that's not all. I don't think the spirit is latching onto the reverend."

"Obviously. I mean, the reverend wouldn't send Karns to attack himself." I whisper, looking over my shoulder to see if the sheriff is hearing anything we're saying.