015

"Look, we're not gonna save everybody." Sam speaks up.

"I know." Dean and I mumble at the same time.

"I just wish I could've done more. You know, instead of drowning." I whisper.

"Hey..." Sam puts his hand on my shoulder.

"What you did was amazing, you faced your fear to help save Lucas. That's what matters." I look up at him and shrug.

"Sam, Jennifer, Dean." I turn towards the voice with a wide smile.

"Hey." Dean calls as we walk over to them.

"Hey there, mister." I wink once we reach them.

"We're glad we caught you. We just, um, we made you lunch for the road." I look at Andrea with a thankful smile. "Lucas insisted on making the sandwiches himself." She adds.

"Oh, then they must be delicious." I tell them. Lucas smiles up at me.

"Can I give it to them now?" Lucas asks quietly, looking at his mom. I felt so happy to hear his voice finally, it was like music to my ears.

"Of course." Andrea leans down to kiss his head.

"Come on, Lucas. Let's go load this in the car with Jenny." I raise a brow at Dean in amusement, watching him grab the platter from Lucas' arms and walk towards the car, me following behind them. Dean opens up the car door and places the platter inside.

"I'm gonna eat all of that you know." I tell Dean once he sits down in the passenger seat, leaning against the Impala next to him.

"I don't doubt you would." He smirks and I hear Lucas' light laugh, making me turn to him, Dean as well.

"Alright, if you're gonna be talkin now, this is a very important phrase, so I want you to repeat it one more time."

"Zeppelin rules!" Lucas says enthusiastically.

"Oh, brother." I roll my eyes playfully.

"That's right. Up high." Dean raises his hand, and they exchange a high five with smiles on their faces, causing mine to widen even more.

"You take care of your mom, okay?" Dean pats Lucas' arm lightly and Lucas nods. Sam and Andrea walk over to us and Dean gets up outta his seat. I was surprised when Andrea leans over and kisses Dean, it was quick, but it definitely left us both stunned.

"Thank you." She whispers once she leans away. Sam and I smirk at each other seeing Dean's awkward state.

"Sam, Jennifer, move your ass." Dean moves past me, scratching his head, towards the driver's seat.

"We're gonna run out of daylight before we hit the road." He adds.

"Uh-huh." I hum with a knowing smile as I lean off the car and open the backseat door.

"Jennifer." I hear Lucas' small voice call to me and I feel a small tug on my jacket. Turning to him, I crouch down so we are the same height.

"Lucas." I say playfully.

"Thank you for risking your life for me." He says in his quiet voice.

"Anything for you, mister." I ruffle up his hair, smiling at him warmly. He wraps his arms around me tightly and I do the same, breath hitching at the feeling. I imagine myself hugging Elijah like this for moment and sigh sadly.