051

Another one. Another bad dream plaques my mind, leaving me breathless, on edge, and exhausted. Sam's angry expression and awful words when he found out was burned into my brain.

I couldn't tell him. I didn't want to lose him, but I worry that this final truth about me will push him to the edge.

I try not to go into their room, especially with what Sam said to me not even a few hours ago and after what I dreamt about, but I couldn't help it. I couldn't sleep, as much as I wanted to, and so far I've only found one way to help me do so.

I sneak into their room as quietly as possible but who was I kidding, their pretty much hunters with supersonic hearing. Dean shifts his body so he can look at me standing at the door of their room, his eyes barely open.

"Nightmare?" His voice comes out rough with sleep and he puts his arms under the pillow as he looks at me sleepily, making me weak in the knees. I nod my head, walking over to him almost silently. He moves his body around so he's resting on his side and outstretches his arm towards me when I get closer to him.

Once I'm close enough, Dean pulls me down softly to lay next to him. Carefully pulling the covers over me, I scoot closer to him, immediately feeling the warmth of his bare skin. I noticed, as soon as I walked into their room, that he wasn't wearing a shirt from the sight of his bare shoulders, everything else being covered by the comforter. Now, I can see more.

Running my hand up his chest, I sigh in content, happy that he lets me sleep in bed with him when the nightmares get bad. I think about my conversation with the shrink yesterday, and about how he bluntly stated I was in love with my best friend's brother.

And I couldn't even deny it. What's not to love about him? He's protective, strong, loving when he wants to be, knows how to make me smile and laugh, and also can't forget how insanely attractive he is. He's everything I've ever wanted in a man, yet I'm the one who made sure to make it clear that he stays just a friend.

I trail my eyes up from his defined abs, to his firm chest, to his pink soft lips, to the light freckles on his nose, then finally to my favorite physical feature of him. His alluring green eyes that were surrounded by thick dark lashes. They truly were the most beautiful thing about Dean. They tell so much about him that he wouldn't ever have to speak to me for me to understand what he's feeling or thinking.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks. I smile at him softly and shake my head, snuggling closer to him.

"No, I'm too tired right now." I mumble against his chest. He nods in understanding, shifting his position to him laying on his back.

"Mmm, you're so warm." I compliment with a hum, moving to wrap my arm around his waist as I rest my head in his chest. "And firm." I add. I feel his deep sleepy chuckle against my fingers and it makes my insides tingle and my cheeks turn pink. He wraps his arm around my own waist and it makes me smile. In less than five minutes, Dean's slow heartbeat eases me into a deep sleep.

He stares at me for a long while from where he stands a few inches away from me. My eyes trail over the tux he's wearing, then to the corsage he's holding in his hands nervously. I chuckle at the sight. I never thought I'd see him like this, let alone nervous.

"You look beautiful, Jenny." Dean compliments in awe, walking closer to me. I blush, looking down at my dark green off the shoulder dress. My hands twitch with nerves and I fiddle with them until I see the tips of Dean's dress shoes.

"May I?" He asks, gesturing to my wrist. I look up at him and nod lightly. I hold my hand out and he smoothly puts on the corsage. The sound of footsteps behind me has my turning to see who it is and I roll my eyes at the sight of the shotgun held in both his hands.