Star Treatment

You wake Alex up with presents and breakfast in bed on his birthday.

-

You hummed softly to the music, volume at a minimal to not wake Alex just yet while your hips swayed to the slow tune, the oil sizzling in the pan, the pleasant smell of the steam rising from it surrounding you, warming your face and you breathed in deeply. The morning breeze danced around your bare legs, blowing in from the window as you stood in just your underwear and one of Alex's shirts, the one he'd worn the night before and looked absolutely gorgeous in, and you felt like you hardly did it justice. But it was your favourite after all, and you knew that seeing you in his clothing, nothing but his clothing was his favourite, and that's what he deserved today, nothing but his favourite things.

And for good measure, you'd also pulled on the pair of wool knee socks that he'd perhaps a little selfishly gifted you for Christmas, because you were sure that while they were incredibly soft and comfortable, he enjoyed looking at you in them even more than you loved wearing them.

You flipped the last pancake in the pan, turning off the stove and turning around to place two mugs and a fresh pot of coffee on the tray you'd dug out of the back of the cupboards, given a quick swipe to clean it and arranged a vase with a single red rose inside on it along with anything he could possibly want to add to his pancakes or his coffee, sugar, cinnamon, cream, chocolate syrup, now also placing down a bowl with blueberries and finally as you completed the stack of pancakes, the large plate with the soft and fluffy sweetness.

It'd be a cliché start to his day, but you knew he'd appreciate snuggling and breakfast in bed and preferred it over going out for breakfast, having to get ready first and having to face the cold outside any day so you tiptoed back to the bedroom with the tray secure in your hands, having already cleared the bedside table to place it down, quickly sticking a candle into the pancake stack. You'd found it at a small shop when you'd been getting decorations, the glittery space pattern on it having caught your eye instantly.

A soft mumble quickly drew your attention to the bed and Alex shuffled to turn around, now facing the light that came in through the bedroom window, scrunching up his face and quickly hurried over to his leather jacket that hung over the back of the chair in the corner, fumbling for his zippo to light the candle.

Just in time.

"Babeh?" He mumbled sleepily, followed by a soft drawl of your name and you put down the lighter, quickly walking around the bed to get back under the covers with him, smiling when he turned right back onto his other side to look at you, rubbing his eyes and blinking repeatedly to focus. "Where were yeh?"

The inquiry came quiet, longing, worried about what the reason could possibly have been for you to leave the warmth and shelter of the bed so early, especially without him and admittedly, it'd been a rather difficult task, leaving behind the warmth of the bed that was slowly taking over you again, his scent drawing you back in.

You shuffled closer to him, brushing your fingers through his soft hair. It was just growing out again, still short, but long enough for you to run your fingers through it, tug on it a little bit even the way you knew always made him weak. He was as warm as the bed, heat radiating off his bare chest. "It's your birthday, handsome."

He mumbled something incoherent, the look on his sleepy face telling you that he was aware of what day it was and you smiled, placing a soft kiss on the tip of his nose, giggling at the way his features scrunched up, a raspy giggle following. "Thirteh-fookin'-three. Gettin' old, babeh."

The look in his eyes that would have put the most adorable little puppy to shame made him look anything but old, he looked so young, so soft, it made your heart melt. "Alexander, you're not old, don't say that" you said, placing your finger on his lips to keep him from continuing. "Happy birthday, my love."