Not Shy of a Spark 🌈

You (NB reader) meet FWN monkeys for the first time.

-

"Just a sec!" You called, setting a new timer on the oven before you hurried to the door, opening to see a large bouquet of flowers, stopping for a moment and forgetting all your stress, exhaling with a giggle. "I remember my boyfriend a lot less ... colourful."

Alex laughed, lowering the flowers. "Aye, love" he said with a soft smile.

"There he is!" You said happily and stepped back to let him in.

He followed you inside, shutting the door before handing you the flowers, a large smirk plastered across his face. "For yeh..." he said, licking his lips. "I know you like them ... wild bouquets with all different colours and flowers..."

You smiled, taking the flowers and almost burying your face in them, taking a deep breath through your nose. "Mmm, like a sunny meadow" you sighed happily before stepping forward to press a soft kiss to his jaw. "Thank you."

He giggled shyly. "Yeh're welcome..." he said quietly.

You took another deep breath of the floral scent before heading back to the kitchen. "I'm not ready yet though, I'm sorry!" You called.

He followed closely. "But yeh look readeh..." he said, gesturing to your clothes. "And yeh look great."

Blushing, you turned around to look at him before gesturing to the oven behind you. "They're not ready yet" you explained.

He stepped closer to you to take a peek, sniffing. "Mmmm, that smells great. What's in them?"

"It's this strawberry muffin recipe I wanted to try" you smiled. "I'm really sorry, they were supposed to be done already but I don't think they're crispy enough."

"Muffins can be fluffeh..."

You giggled. "Not liquid though. Almost done though, I promise." You took a vase from the cupboard and filled it with water, putting the bouquet in and placing it on the kitchen island.

"Take yehr time" he assured you. "Can I help yeh clean up?"

You shook your head. "No, I'll do it later" you said. "But thank you."

"Yeh didn't need teh bring anyfin' though..."

You waved it off with a smile. "I wanted to."

"Well, I'm not complainin', love" he shrugged, watching you with a soft look in his eyes.

"I just want to do my hair real quick. Can you watch the muffins?"

He nodded, swinging himself up to sit on the kitchen island, watching you leave the kitchen.

"Thanks!" You called and headed to the bathroom to quickly get your hair under control, once again checking your face and the way your outfit looked. You gave yourself a smile, the scent of the flowers still lingering.

"I fink they're ... um ... done..." he said and pointed to the oven that he'd turned off already, now looking at you with confusion.

You took a deep breath, smiling at the fruity smell and opened the oven. "Yeah, I think they are." You grabbed an oven glove and took the tray out, putting it down next to the sink and poking into one of the muffins with a fork. "Perfect!"

"They smell amazin'."

You smiled happily. "They do, don't they?" You took a box from the cupboard, putting the individual muffins on the grid to cool off. "You really think I look okay?" You asked Alex doubtfully when you turned back to him.