Chapter 13: Not Playin' No Games

Chapter 13

Not Playin' No Games

------------------------------------------
-Thursday-

Its been two days since the meeting out in Texas and August still has been skeptical about what I was doing out there. He often asks what the house looked like out there and who it was for, and I've found myself making up all types of lies so he can just drop the subject.

"So why we got to come to this? I wanted to spend alone time with my man." Keyshia whined applying mascara to her eyelashes in the bathroom mirror.

"Because Kyle doesn't want us to go on too many alone dates so it doesn't look like we're actually dating just yet. He believes this group date will make it seem like we're just friends still." I shrugged.

"Just friends my ass. You and that boy want each other more than people in hell want ice water, and y'all need to gone ahead and get together." Bambi stated combing her hair out.

I rolled my eyes at her but didn't bother disagreeing, this little recent hanging out with August has been having me feel a little something that honestly I didn't want to feel. I noticed this the night of the dinner party when I had to drop him off, and he was expressing his concern about me and my past relationship. I know that we had been past the professional level a while ago and had a great friendship, but that night wasn't just looking out for me as a friend, it was something else. Then again, I could just be looking too deep.

"See, look at her Alice in August Land ass. What you day dreamin' 'bout over there princess?" Bambi interrupted.

I shook my head looking back into the mirror at my outfit. It was simple considering we were all going bowling. I just had on a pair of blue jeans, a black kimono, and a black brawlet. Simple, and comfy.

"Nothin' just how tonight's going to go." I shrugged.

"Girl this should be fun! I wish Trent was able to go." Keyshia pouted.

"Girl boom, yo man is out workin'. Let him go get his bread."

"Yea I know, I just be missin' my pookie." Keyshia grinned.

Both Bam, and I looked over at one and other smirking. Keyshia was finally getting back to her soft self, all thanks to Trent, and I really believe that he is the perfect person for her.

"Hm, well y'all cute or whatever." Bambi smiled walking over to me as I sat on the stool in the bathroom.

She titled my head back and looked at my face before motioning for me to show her my teeth so she could check of there was any lipstick on them. When everything checked out we all grabbed our purses and headed out the room to the front door. I slipped on my flats that were by the door while Bam and Keysh did the same. Once we was all set to go we headed out the door to my car, and got in before pullin' off towards the bowling alley.

"Yo, you never told me how that meeting went. You gone work on the house down there?" Keyshia asked looking over at me.

I had even forgot that Keyshia thought I actually went to see the house. Although we're close I could never tell her the real reason I was down there, it was all too complicated and I didn't want her or anyone else for that matter lookin' at me differently.

"Nah. They wasn't payin' up to par." I lied.

Keyshia nodded but of course Bambi had a couple words to say.

"Just like some white people. Got some black folks goin' cross country foe they asses knowing they had no use for us." She mumbled fixing her makeup in the rear view mirror.