Chapter 16: No one Else's

Chapter 16

                                                                                 No one Else's

----------------------------------------------

I was rolling paint on the wall when there was another knock on Aug's master bedroom. It had only been him in the house so I knew it was him again knocking. He's been asking if I needed all types of shit, I'm sure just so he could see the room.

"Yes August?" I yelled not moving from my position.

He won't have me running back and forth.

"You want somethin' ta eat nah?" He yelled through the door.

I laughed to myself because he had asked me the same thing not even forty minutes ago.

"No August. I'm fine!" I yelled back.

"You sho' baybeh?"

"I'm sure!"

"Cyn, can you come out hea', I miss you!" He sang the last part.

I laughed at him some more. He had been all up on me every chance he got since I've been here. Most girls would find it clingy, but I found it cute. Not to mention the smile on my face has been permanent since last night. It was crazy to think we were really together, he was really mine, but now that I'm in this position I know I'm going to have to defend it because thirsty broads will be after him left and right.

After a while I gave into his pleading and opened the room door just enough for me to slide out, only to find August directly in front of the door so I ended up bumping into him.

"Have you just been standing there?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

He smiled a little as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Nah. I left foe a lil bit, then I came back an listened to you breath." He joked.

I cracked up laughing before pushing him out of my way and heading for the stair case. We both made it down to the foyer and I began putting on my shoes while August stood by and watch.

"Uh aren't you coming?" I questioned standing up straight.

"Why you thank I was talkin' 'bout goin' out? Maybe I wanted ta cook foe you." He questioned seriously.

"Because you always make me cook Aug, I doubt you're going to."

"You right, I wasn't gone cook, I jus' wanted ta be a smart ass." He chuckled grabbing his keys off the hook and following me out the door as I shook my head.

He is something else.

----------------------------------------------

"I know that ain't ma baby steppin' in this house!" I heard mama shout from the living room.

I laughed at that, and headed for the living room where she was posted on the couch in her scarf and a robe, drinkin' some tea. She must have had all day off.

"Ooh it is. Hey baby." She smiled as I sat down in the lazy boy.

"Hey mama. What you all up in here lookin' like that for?" I laughed leaning back.

"Girl be quiet. I had all day off so I been relaxin'."

"I figured."

She nodded sipping some more tea as my phone went off with a text message from Courtney reminding me about a meeting I had tomorrow. I quickly began to reply back to her.