Round 1 - Voting 6

"Mistfeather!"

The queen's eyes widened, Silverkit wailing as Duskwatcher and Frostwhisker led her away from him, taking her to the dead oak as Amberstar watched her with a scrutinising gaze.

Mistfeather shuddered, blinking slowly as she took a deep breath, meeting Amberstar's gaze with sudden confidence.

"If we must do this, then let it be known, that I would never put my kits in danger," she began, looking lovingly at Rushfeather and Briargaze, before turning back to look at the tree. "But if it helps the Clan to discuss, then so be it," the she-cat murmured, her lost mate briefly crossing her mind as she stepped forward, patiently waiting for Amberstar to speak.

Amberstar gave her a nod, her gaze settling over the surrounding Clan instead.

"Well then. Is Mistfeather innocent or guilty?"

Proof of her innocence:

- When Silverkit was attacked, he wailed for his mother, which he was unlikely to have done if he could detect his mother's scent from the attacker

 - Hazelsnow was happy to see the murderer, but she and Mistfeather were enemies, so why react so warmly?

- She is quite patient and a kind cat, there isn't much motive for her to attack the Clan

- The killer leaves camp a lot without being seen, but queens tend to stay with their kits, its unlikely she would've been able to leave without someone seeing her.

Proof of her guilt:

- She has tufts of white fur

- She has bright eyes

- She may have wanted to hide her secret regarding Stormstar and Silverkit

- None of her friends or kits have been attacked, this could be part of the killer's bias