Round 3 - Voting 5

"Romeo!"

The silver tabby glanced at his friend in confusion, his gaze shining with hurt as the accusation met his ears.

He shrank into his pelt as all eyes turned his way, glancing around the Clan for help. "I wouldn't, I couldn't! I left my kittypet life behind to join you, there's no way I would endanger anyone in this Clan, let alone murder them in cold blood!" 

Peachpaw stepped forward, managing to shield his mentor a little as he calmly gazed around the Clan. "I don't see how Romeo could've slipped away from his responsibilities. Besides, he found two of the bodies of our Clanmates, if he'd known he killed them he wouldn't have led us there."

As Romeo glanced at his apprentice appreciatively, Cloudeater shuffled his paws, the tom seemed uncomfortable as the eyes of the Clan landed on him. "I know, but nothing is making sense right now, we- we need to accuse everyone to find out who did this..." He looked down at his daughter's body in grief. "I'm sorry... I just want to make sure everyone is safe, and that includes making sure we inspect every cat."

Sunnystar, next to his deputy, nodded appreciatively.

"Never trust an outsider," he growled.

"SolarClan, is Romeo innocent or guilty?"

---------------------------

Evidence of his innocence:

- When the killer attacked Oakpaw, they seemed to be aggressive towards her status as an outsider, would someone who is an outsider himself really have the same opinion?

- He's friends with Cloudeater, who helped him join the Clan, it is unlikely he would have any reason to kill his daughter

- He's a very gentle and easy going tom, often lost in his thoughts. Would he really be able to pull off a killer scheme?

Evidence of his guilt:

- He has green eyes, matching the physical clue in scene 3

- His only enemy, Maplefeather, was the first target and Sunnystar has always been rude to him, perhaps giving him motive against the family

- As mentioned by Peachpaw, he found two of his dead clanmates, perhaps the reason he found them is because he might've killed them himself

---------------------------

Deadline for voting is next Saturday, please make sure to vote by then.