Round 3 - Voting 4

"Pinerunner!"

The brown tabby she-cat held back a groan of frustration as all eyes turned to her, and she took a breath, trying to maintain her calm as she looked at Cloudeater.

"Cloudeater, please reconsider. Maplefeather and Dawnshadow were my closest friends, and they were both talented and skilled she-cats. I had so much respect for them, I would never do anything to hurt them, let alone my own apprentice. Oakpaw may have been a difficult cat to train, but I know she had as much potential as any of our clanmates," Pinerunner meowed, walking through the crowd of her clanmates as she tried to study Cloudeater's expression.

The tom seemed sympathetic, but he stood his ground.

"Sorry, Pinerunner, but we cannot trust anyone until we have voted. Being close to the victims does not excuse you from accusation, everyone in this Clan has someone they care about, I don't doubt that the killer does too," Cloudeater replied, his gaze firm. The she-cat sighed, but nodded reluctantly.

Sunnystar refused to make eye contact with his sister, choosing instead to stare silently at his deputy as he waited for the tom to speak.

"Well, SolarClan. Is Pinerunner innocent or guilty?"

---------------------------

Evidence of her innocence:

- As she stated, Maplefeather and Dawnshadow were her closest friends, it is unlikely she would have any reason to kill them

- Oakpaw was her apprentice, would she really kill the cat she was responsible for mentoring, especially so early in her apprenticeship?

- 2 of the victims have been from Sunnystar's family, would she really have any reason to target her own brother's kin?

Evidence of her guilt:

- She has green eyes, as matches the clue within scene 3

- She was one of the cats who attended the gathering, Oakpaw did not stray too far from the gathering so it would not be hard to follow her

- She is one of the most intelligent senior warriors in the Clan, it would not be hard for her to create a plan to kill her clanmates

---------------------------

Like last time, the deadline for voting will be either Saturday or Sunday.