Eventually (Jocelyn P.O.V)

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 𝔼𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕕 ⋅.} ────── ⊰

The moment the sun set, or went for a bath in the sea as Ollie says, we moved. Staying together, not wanting to lose anymore people after Maxine, we weaved through the trees. Around 30 minutes? 

Then we reached the castle. 

I'm never scared. 

And I'm not scared by this. 

But I still get creepy vibes from this place. 

I mean, it was Alva's castle.

Alva's. 

So it's a valid reason.

Gilly took out Hades' ember from her dress pocket and started running her fingers over the stones of the wall. She brushed her finger over a particular stone and pressed down on it. It pushed in and slid to the side, revealing a spot in the stone fit for the ember. She placed the ember in it and it gave off an eerie glow. Then the stones slid to the side, making an opening in the wall, revealing the booby traps. 

"OK, let's go." Jax motioned for us to come forward, stepping on exactly the same stones he did. 

"OK, it's a code. Dragon, rose, dragon, and it goes on till the end." he said. 

He stepped on the first stone with the engraving of a dragon on it. He took another step onto the rose, and then held his hand out for Gilly, who took it and stepped on the dragon. 

And I could've sworn that Jax smiled when Gilly touched him. 

Talia and Auriana got across perfectly, no surprise there. 

"Can't I just fly across?" Kayla asked, eying the stones. Jax shook his head. 

"There are sensors that'll activate arrows." he said firmly.

"How do you know this exactly?" Gilly asked.  Jax turned red. 

"Like I said, Heath and I have done this before. Now just come on Kayla." Gilly giggled quietly. 

Kayla started across, and then looked back for Ollie, who was taking his first steps. 

But he almost slipped. 

"OLLIE!" We all whisper-shouted. 

Luckily, Ollie caught himself quickly, stepping back to where I was. He bent down to his shoe, and pulled out....

A snail?

"Sorry, must've been from the ground, my shoes aren't that well tailored." Ollie said. 

"Wait, give me the snail." Everyone stared as I took out a jar and Ollie put the snail in it. The continued staring at me like I was crazy. 

"I make potions." I sneered. Everyone looked away quickly. 

Ollie made it across eventually, and I followed quickly after, though I almost tripped on my robe once. 

"I told you you shouldn't have worn that robe." Gilly said. 

I gave her the evil eye. 

And we had managed to get across without activating any booby traps at all. 

Hooray!

And now we were in the dungeon. 

"Gilly?" someone whispered.

"Maxine. It's the real me OK. Calm down, Auriana is gonna get you out of there." 

Auriana came in front and put her hands in front of her. Her magic circle appeared and she chanted a spell. A sphere around Maxine flashed green and Gilly unlocked the door with no problem at all. 

"Now Maxine, you're gonna go back, OK, we have a new plan, and it'll take too long to explain." said Gilly. Maxine was already scared and listened to Gilly. 

"Drink this." I gave her a vial of a sound-deafening potion and she drank it quickly. She tried to speak but nothing came out of her voice. 

"It'll wear off...eventually, but long enough for you to get away from the castle." I explained. I handed her another potion and explained that it was an invisiblity potion. She downed it quickly as well. 

"OK, now-nope." Something stepped in front of me and I stepped away. Maxine...

"Ugh, I should've given you the invisiblity potion once we got outside." I face-palmed myself. 

"Follow me carefully Maxine." Kayla fluttered up and led Maxine across the booby trap and outside. Once we could see her footprints in the grass, we turned away. 

"So now what?" Ollie asked. 

Gilly's face hardened. 

"We ambush her."

Finally! I have another chapter! Soooo cliffhanger! Not a big one, but yeah. 

What do you guys think is gonna happen? The next chapter is probably my ABOSLUTE FAVORITE! Not because someone dies or gets injured of course.

IT'S SO 'AAAAH' ish. 

If you know what I mean.