Eighteen

Rayne felt the first stirrings of waking, her dream state melted away

Rayne felt the first stirrings of waking, her dream state melted away.  It was morning.  Her eyes flipped open as if they were spring loaded.  The clock came into focus; she had woken earlier than usual.   The soft whispers of a snore rumbled behind her.  Nathan. His deep soothing breaths reassured her everything was as it should be.

But no... it wasn't.

Clenching, the dull ache between her legs reminded her of the night before.

It had truly happened.

She had taken pleasure not from just one man, but two!  And to make matter worse—Nathan's brother.

One... two... three... four... fix... six.  One... two... three... four... fix... six.

Would Nathan feel differently in the cold light of day?

Oh god, what had she done?

Her mind flicked to Jaxon, burning cheeks accompanied by more shame. She barely knew the man, but had let him touch her intimately.

Would he hate her too—think she was a dirty, disgusting whore? What kind of woman did this?

The idea of Jaxon not being able to look at her, hurt her beyond what she could understand. She couldn't deny she felt something for him—and that worried her in equal amounts.

As Nathan's words of no shame echoed through her brain. A deep seated fear gripped her lungs.   Her life was about to be washed away like a sandcastle snatched by the ocean's tide. Her dirtiness and disgusting behaviour would lose her the man she loved—the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

Dirty, greedy girl, always wanting more than she deserves. It's not enough that you took from me, what's mine. Now you want to destroy your brother too? There's a sickness inside of you girl. You're nothing but a bratty disgusting girl, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Get away from me, I don't want to see your face, you make me sick!

Her mother's cruel words ripped the guts right from her.  Shutting her eyes tightly,  she cursed her selfish stupidity for risking everything, for being as her mother had said... a disgusting, greedy brat.

Nathan was bound to wake and treat her like she deserved.  How could he want her now?

The budding ball of worry tangled and knotted deep inside.

Blinking away her tears, her body had to be scrubbed; the dirt washed away. Ready to climb from her bed and throw herself into a scalding shower, wash away every bit of her dirtiness, scrub till she was raw and clean again.

"I need you to stop thinking, Rayne." His voice croaky but still weighted with authority as he shifted closer, running his hand over her waist, pulling her closer.

"I -I wasn't." she clumsily remarked.

As if a tiger had leapt for its kill, Nathan swiftly rolled her onto her back and shifted himself above her. "I don't need to see your beautiful face to know that's a lie, sweetheart... and I could practically hear your mind churning." He leant down and rubbed his nose against hers. "Talk to me, Rayne."