Nineteen

Following their exhaustive conversation, Nathan hugged Rayne tightly to him, her small body moulding perfectly to his, her heart thumping against his chest

Following their exhaustive conversation, Nathan hugged Rayne tightly to him, her small body moulding perfectly to his, her heart thumping against his chest. He breathed in her warm, clean scent. "You know you mean everything to me, my little Rayne-drop? You're the most important person in my life." Edging back, he ran his thumbs across her cheeks. "Do you want me to be there when you speak with Jaxon?" He would offer his support in any capacity, they were afterall in this together.

Rayne shook her head. "No, I'd like to do it on my own. But thank you."

"I'm proud of you, sweetheart." Smiling down, he pressed his lips to hers, those sweet lips as always welcomed his advances. Nathan licked across her bottom lip. "Okay, good. But you have to promise me if you are pressured, or need to step away and re-think—that's exactly what you do. Don't worry what I or Jaxon will think. You only do what's best for you, what feels right. Understand?"

She shivered under the weight of his take charge tone. "Okay, I promise."

Nathan kissed the top of her head, still damp from the shower, her curls wild and untamed. "I'll take a shower, but I'll admit it's a pity I can't drag you with me. You look so goddamn sexy stood only in a towel."

Rayne felt his hardness pressed against her as she glanced down to see his erection riding up his stomach. She gulped. Perhaps her talk with Jaxon could wait as she looked back up to him to see a sinful smirk tempt her further.

"Only teasing." He kissed her nose. "Later, my dirty girl." Releasing his hold, he made his way to their bathroom. Rayne clenched her thighs as she watched him walk away, his firm butt as always, a delight to see.

Sighing, Rayne dropped her towel and slipped on her silk robe, too eager to fully dress.  She was ready to speak with Jaxon now, hoping he was awake.

~ ~

Tapping on their guest bedroom door, she waited, nervously rubbing her hand against the thin material.

Lifting a hand,  just about to knock again, the door opened to reveal Jaxon wearing only a pair of Nathan's jogging bottoms, hung low on his hip and chest bare, as well as his feet. His hair was wet, messy having not long showered and two days of stubble graced his jaw. Delicious came to mind as Rayne sucked in a breath, tensing. He was a work of art. Her eyes roamed, soaking in every swirl of the intricate markings, daring her eyes lower to the contour of his toned abs.  Mind empty, she remembered to breathe.

Jaxon pulled up straight; he hadn't expected to find a flushed, barely covered Rayne waiting on the other side. He assumed it would be Nate. His eyes raked over her, noting the short length of the silk slip she wore.  Clearly remembering what lay beneath that flimsy material.  "Hey, everything's okay?" He ran his hand across the back of his neck as he looked around her to see if Nate was close by, watching.