Six

Monday morning found Rayne busy in the kitchen

Monday morning found Rayne busy in the kitchen. Preparing a breakfast buffet for Nathan was her incentive. Having been up since five. The pancakes were freshly baked and orange juice squeezed. Fruit of different varieties washed and prepped, and the coffee brewed. All was in impeccable order.

A shiver crossed her shoulders as she felt warm breath followed by soft lips caress them.

"Morning, my beautiful girl."

"Morning Nathan." A sense of calm washed over her as she leaned into his powerful frame, never having felt so safe, so loved. "How did you sleep?"

Touching her sent little crackles of heat up his arms. He breathed in her fresh scent of wild berry shampoo as their weekend activities flooded his head. Most of Saturday he had explored every inch of her divine body and fucked his beautiful girl more than once. Sunday had been less frantic, having laughed, talked, relaxed and watched movies before climbing into bed to make love to his fiancée.

He couldn't believe the change and although keen to continue to push her boundaries—keeping this pace he felt would be wise. He had a lifetime with his little Rayne-drop.

"Amazing... apart from going to bed with a beautiful woman and then waking up without her. Left me feeling all rejected." He nibbled her ear.

Rayne trembled as his hands ran around her waist, planting them firmly, pulling her against him. A devious little half smile crossed her lips as she tipped her head to the side, her loose curls flopping sideways. "I wholeheartedly apologize for your distress, but breakfast I'm sure will make up for it."

"One day I'm going to get you to lie in bed with me the entire day Rayne Winters, be damned with routine."

Rayne both relished and feared the very idea.

"What are your plans today?" he enquired.

Since moving to the Hamptons. They agreed that Rayne would work three days a week and more often than not from home. Hers was a role that could function anywhere as long as the equipment was to hand. Routine was key, and this had worked out well for both. Nathan tried to work from home at least two days a week, and thankfully his father had agreed to keep travelling to a minimum.

Rayne mentally ran through her Monday routine. As he stepped back, she spun around, looking up towards him, he kissed her on the nose. "This morning I have the quarter two reports to run through. Then at one this afternoon, I have the appointment with Macy we agreed on. And from three I will clean the house and prepare our evening meal. What time will you be home?"

"Six, no later. But I will call and confirm." He understood the importance of Rayne knowing his timetable. Predictability and routine were the cornerstone of calm.

"Perfect." She beamed, her face a picture of happiness. "Sit, sit. Breakfast is ready." He sat, and she brought the pot of coffee to the table and sat it down in its proper place. Twisting it six times to ensure it was angled perfectly within his reach. This was their breakfast routine.