Epilogue

TWO YEARS LATER

TWO YEARS LATER... So much happened over the next two years. Nathan and Rayne married legally, followed by the three of them flying to Thailand for their honeymoon, where they had a blessing ceremony between her and Jaxon.

Returning home, they had all agreed to stop birth control and whilst Nathan was overseas, Rayne fell pregnant. All three had never been happier, although Rayne had many sleepless nights consumed by the deep-seated whispers she would be like her own mother.

Having not seen Dr De-Luca for over three months, having no need of additional therapy, she returned to garner his wisdom and wise words. And with his help, she had quickly overcome her irrational thoughts and enjoyed her pregnancy and the many challenges it brought.

And being Nathan's submissive had brought a calmness she could never have imagined and he as her Dom thought of new ways for them to play to ensure she neither slipped into the dark place or whilst carrying their child would carry any risk of harm and thereby erasing Jaxon's worries.

Rarely needing Jaxon to take control over her pain to expel her ghosts. He had taken a more active part in their games, loving tying her up in many creative ways. His favourite part always toward the end where he would tend to her aftercare, which often led to them making love whilst Nathan watched from the sidelines. That was their time.

But as Rayne's compulsions lessened over time, the need to exercise her darkness became less and less, and she hadn't self-harmed or hid her feelings from Nathan or Jaxon for over a year now.

~ ~

Today was different. Today was a day that Rayne had never thought would happen... visiting her mother's grave.

The trip to the cemetery where her mother and father lay to rest wasn't a long one. Although having no desire to attend the funeral, today was different. This was an expelling of her last demons... a closure on her past.

As she stood alone over the grave, staring at the headstone, Rayne repeated the words...

Here lies Sarah, devoted wife of Arnold and loving mother to Marcus, her only child.

She expected the words to wound in some way, but Sarah Winters had denied her in life, so why not in death?

A hand slipped into hers as she felt the press of lips to her temple. She would know it was Nathan without looking. His warm body brushed up against hers, bringing a much-needed reassurance that she would always have him, his love and acceptance.

Another presence warmed her other side as she turned to see Jaxon, who held in his arms their four-month-old daughter... Trinity who, as it happened, was born on her birthday... the sixth of June.

"Have you made peace?" asked Nathan, squeezing her hand feeling slightly on edge that this may do more harm than good, but as Rayne had always had faith in him, he would return that trust and respected her wish to visit her parents' graveside.