Twenty-Three

Sunshine flooded the room as Rayne awoke

Sunshine flooded the room as Rayne awoke. A stark awareness inched across her skin, not needing to open her eyes to know she was alone in the bed, and she didn't like it—not one little bit.

She had fallen to sleep with two men and woke up with neither. Eyes adjusting to the brightness they settled on the clock. Earlier than usual. Much too early for Nathan to be up. She wasn't sure of Jaxon's sleeping habits... yet.

No time to worry regarding the reasons they had left her to sleep alone, the extra time would give her the incentive to complete the chores she had overlooked and get a head start on breakfast. Flicking the covers back, she tensed at the soreness between her thighs; a heaven-sent soreness as the previous night's activities unfolded in her mind to flood her body with delight.

Dropping from the bed, she quickly headed to the bathroom. Her routine would run as clockwork with no one to interfere as the spread of familiarity warmed her tummy. She had neglected her routine over the past few days and although she would never complain. It left her feeling on edge, aware too much change too soon would lead to no good.

~ ~

Two hours later, the kitchen floor sparkled, breakfast arranged, and she had showered and dressed. The weight lifted was like nothing she could easily describe; the sense of calm was beyond measurable.

Looking in the mirror, she left her hair down, her wild curls framed her face. Tempted to clip it up, she stopped, knowing that both Nathan and Jaxon preferred it down.

That left her with one that thing to do... find her men!

Wanting to locate Nathan first, popping her head out their bedroom door, she would check the guest room next to their bedroom. Peeking inside, she saw a familiar and welcome sight. Nathan was sleeping peacefully, flat on his back, his hand rested on his chest, moving up and down with ease. How could she be upset with him when he looked so handsome and peaceful?

Heading toward Jaxon's room with a spring in her step, she refrained from knocking and cracked the door to slip her head inside, sure he would be asleep too. "You're awake?" she whispered, surprised to see him exit his bathroom, with a toothbrush perched in his mouth.

He held up his hand to signal her to come in whilst he turned and returned to the bathroom to rinse his toothbrush. Hearing Rayne humming, he stopped in the doorway, leaning his heavy frame against it to find her eagerly stripping the sheets from his bed. "I see you're on top form this morning?" he pointed toward his bed.

"Oops," she shrugged and blushed concurrently. "Sorry, its habit. You weren't planning on going back to bed?" Her eyes strayed over his broad shoulders down his bare chest, slightly pink and damp from the heat of the shower.  Lower her eyes widened; those sexy black boxers did little to conceal his growing erection. 

Her breath caught; a swirl of arousal sent a burst of heat through to her thighs. He affected her just as much as Nathan.

"Not unless you were planning on getting in there with me, little one?" He lifted an eyebrow to watch her cheeks singe a deeper pink.