||37||

Renjun drove his car at the starting line. He was going to race with the two, which made everything easier than he expected. The blonde haired guy glanced in his left, where he saw Jaemin staring at an invisible point in front of him. In his right, Jeno was tapping the steering wheel with his fingers. Unlike other times, none of the three seemed to be in the mood to race. Jaemin wasn't frustrated that he might lose again, Jeno wasn't excited that he will just be able to enjoy a nice night and get drunk and Renjun didn't feel anything except of guilt. He took a deep breath and watched as the flagger, which was Jaehyun, made his way in front. 

The tall man had a proud smile plastered on his face while he showed the black and white flag. At first, he pointed towards Jaemin, who started the engine. Then he pointed at Jeno who did the same and lastly, his flag pointed towards Renjun, who started the race by pressing the acceleration pedal. 

He drove the car past Johnny who just laughed because of the adrenaline. Renjun kept his foot onto the pedal until he saw Jeno reaching his car. The blonde haired male couldn't look at him though, because he was too focused looking in front. He remembered that night he had the accident all of a sudden, because driving on the same path he did that night suddenly became reality. He never wanted to step on this mountain, but destiny said no. 

Drifting suddenly, Renjun saw in horror how one of the wheels of his car was in air for a few seconds. He approached the edge too much, he thought as he drove his Ferrari back on the road. Jaemin already took the leas, his Centenario being few meters in front. Jeno, well, the brunette didn't even want to win so he just kept his Bugatti behind Renjun. 

They drove like this, down the mountain, in a perfect line. They even drove past the spot where Renjun lost control over his car and fell that night. He could still see the black spot where Donghyuck's brother died in flames. Will he die like that as well? No, that's wasn't a nice death at all. 

The forest was becoming bigger and when the three sport cars entered it, Renjun tried to concentrate on the right path. When he spotted fifty meters in front, he honked Jaemin to get his attention. The brunette honked back in response and drove the car on the darker path. Trees and shadows surrounded them for a few good minutes. The only light came from the headlights of the three cars. 

After realizing they didn't have a stopping spot, Jaemin suddenly pressed the brakes and stopped the Centenario in the middle of the road. Renjun did the same, stopping a meter away from his car and Jeno was the last one to stop. 

This was it. 

Sighing loudly, Renjun took out the box from his backpack and opened the door. He approached Jaemin who was leaning by his car, Jeno standing next to him with his arms crossed over his chest. They both seemed deep in thoughts. 

"This will get them in jail for life." Renjun told Jaemin after he reached them. He stretched out his hand that was holding the small box. "Don't lose it." The blonde haired male didn't want to meet his eyes, because he knew he won't handle it anymore. "Take care of yourselves and don't fight from now on. You guys are lucky you have each other so you shouldn't be like this." 

For some reason, Renjun got his courage to look at them. Jaemin was on the verge of crying while Jeno nodded only. He saw the raven haired guy placing his hand over his eyes as he wiped away some tears. His best friend took the box from him and ruffled his hair softly. 

"You'll be fine." Jeno pushed himself from the car and approached Renjun. "We'll get them in jail for you." A small smile formed his lips as he ruffled his hair as well, exactly as he did with Jaemin earlier. "Take care." He said before jumping in his own care. "Jaemin let's go." 

"O-Okay." The tall young man stuttered as he looked from his best friend to Renjun. "Do you really need to do this?" 

A sad smile formed his lips when he nodded. "It's the only way I can be happy." Renjun replied and decided to hug him. He wrapped his arms around his waist and surprisingly, Jaemin's wrapped his own arms around him. The younger buried his face in the space between Renjun's neck and shoulder and he sobbed, making Renjun tears as well. He felt so bad that he had to hurt so many people, but he hoped they will get over it soon. "I'm sorry for hurting you." He whispered and even if he didn't want to let go, he knew he had to. For some reason, this hug made him remember of his mom. It gave him the exact same feeling of peace and warmth. "Take care of you okay? And don't be too sad." 

Renjun finally pulled away from him and without looking back, he entered his car. He turned on the engine and started driving backwards. He had to do a U turn for his car to move up again. As he drove away, he spotted in the mirror that the two continued the race as well. Stopping the car again in the middle of the empty road, Renjun watched as the moon shone above the world. It gave the trees a silver shade of dark green. Taking his backpack in his arms, Renjun took out some pills from a box. They should help him not feel anxious, he thought as he threw five of them in his mouth and swallowed. 

The young man started driving again, with speed, until he spotted somewhere, a bit far from where he was then, the place he lost control. In a few seconds, he felt his head spinning and his eyes heavy. He couldn't concentrate at all and the last thing he did still thinking a bit, was to keep his foot on the acceleration pedal until he reached that spot. Renjun felt at peace when his car left the road with such speed that it started rolling in the air. He didn't have his seatbelt on, which made him chuckle. 

"Stupid, now you'll fly out." Renjun whispered right before the sudden impact in which his car met the road that was few meters lower than the other one and he flew out of it a bit too sudden.  

It was just like few years ago. His face met the rough pavement while his car became pieces. He felt his whole body broken, but the pain was enjoyable. It was a sign that he did it, he finally did it. 

Somewhere in the background, he heard two cars approaching. They stopped and the sound of someone running to him rang in his ears. The person knelt next to him and tried to pick him up. Renjun tried to keep his eyes open for a while and he spotted a pale face that was crying. 

Jaemin, you idiot. That was his last thought before his eyes closed and his heart finally went to peace. Everything became dark the moment his eyes closed and the sounds disappeared forever. Finally, Renjun managed to be happy.