Chapter 15

After a long and tedious day at school Alcide called Ryan into his office and I called everyone from my pack. Alcide was sat behind his desk and I was stood behind him facing everyone. The map that I used earlier was out on his desk in front of everyone.

"Guys, what's going on?" Ryan asked.

"Someone in the pack is getting threatened by rogues and handing out information." Alcide finished with a sigh. Everybody was quiet for about naught point two seconds before they all started firing questions. Well, except for Brad seeing as he already knew.

"GUYS!" I shouted to shut them up. "Seriously one at a bleeding time" I said wincing and I put a finger in my ear from the volume they were shouting at. Some of them snickered at me, some just smiled guiltily.

"I think it's best you just start from the beginning then answer any questions after." Brad suggested. Alcide nodded then sat up straighter and started to tell everyone what we found out this morning. I could tell everybody was getting progressively angry but they were trying their best to stay calm, which I was grateful for.

"So, what now?" Ryan asked.

"For a start we up our protection. Every hour we're gunna have people patrolling the border and every half an hour we'll have people patrolling just inside to see if they can pick up anything that someone might have missed. Night watch will be stricter than day watch and we're gunna have to train the guards how to do it from the trees. Every now and then a few selected wolves are going to check the outer territory to make sure there's no rogues setting up camp near here. We're kicking the humans out. Making this an all wolf town so they aren't hurt in the cross fire. We're moving the pack closer to the middle so there will be less of a chance of someone getting kidnapped. We have to assess everybody and see where they stand with fighting and just go from there, I guess." I finished scratching the back of my neck. Everybody slowly nodded in agreement.

"What about Robert and the rogues tonight?" Brad asked. I saw Alcide tense.

"You and Ryan are coming with me to check it out and see what happens. We need to know how much they know."

"I'm coming too." I stated.

"Like hell you are!" Alcide scoffed standing up.

"Well why not?" I asked, determination set on my face.

"You were taken by rogues not even a week ago Milly, like hell am I just handing you straight back over to them!"

"I can look after myself thanks! I was the one that escaped and killed them all without any help. Plus, I'm the best fighter in case things go south. I'm coming and that is final!" I said getting in his face. I heard a low growl from the back of his throat and his eyes flash black meaning his wolf is battling for control. I could sense his wolf wanting me to bow down to him, being an Alpha and my mate but I wasn't going to. His eyes flashed one more time before he let out a sigh and looked away.

"Fine. But stay close to me." I rolled my eyes and reluctantly nodded. We then all came up with a plan for tonight. After we see what happens tonight depends on what's going to happen with the pack. We don't know how much the rogues know, who they're working for or anything really. After the meeting we decided to just act like everything's normal in front of the pack for now. We don't want to worry them just yet so after dinner we carried on with their training. I was glad to see everybody improving so quickly.

"How you can manage a pack this big I'll never know." I said quietly to Alcide whilst watching everybody fight. Some were in wolf form, some not.

"I don't know if you've noticed Mill, but I don't manage it. Isn't that why you guys are here?" Okay, so he had a point.