Chapter 10

The first thing I noticed when I was waking up was the splitting headache I had. It felt like my brain had a pulse and it was too big for my skull, trying to break out. I then noticed how all my muscles and joints hurt. I slowly opened my sore, tired eyes, extremely confused. Why did I feel like I fell out of a plane then run over by a bus? I winced slightly from the light but tried to focus my eyes as everything was blurry and slightly spinning. Once everything came into focus my breathing hitched in surprise. I was in a cell like room. It was rather small with dry, cracked paint peeling off the walls, damp patches on the ceiling and floor, a small window with bars on it on the left wall, dust and dirt coating the floor and a wooden door in front of me with a small metal looking window that you can open to see inside.

Where the hell was I and what the hell happened to me? The last thing I remember was... arguing with Brad and Alcide then crying on a field. I looked down and noticed that I was still wearing the big t-shirt and I had my underwear on. I also realized that I had chains on my ankles and wrists that were connected together.

What the hell was going on?

Just as I managed to sit up, I heard people outside my room, getting closer. Within seconds I heard a key in the lock then the door opened. Three men walked in, all rather tall and muscle-y but I could still take them, even if I was still slightly groggy, but I could feel whatever it was fading quickly out of my system. The guy in the middle, the taller one who looked like he was in charge smirked at me when he saw I was awake.

"Morning sleeping beauty, have a nice nap?" He had a seriously creepy aura about him.

"Who are you?" I growled

"That's on a need to know basis and you don't need to know. Aren't you a pretty little thing? No wonder you're the Alpha's mate. It is always the pretty ones." I growled even louder and bared my teeth at him.

"What do you want?"

"Well we understand that you're the Alphas mate, yes?" I reluctantly nodded my head. There was no point in denying it. If I said no, they would probably try to kill me. "We want more land and more members so we're going to use you as bait to get it." I couldn't help it, I laughed. I laughed so hard I ended up falling over onto my back. Tears were streaming down my face from how hard I was laughing. He growled at me, clearly not liking my response. He walked over to me, picked me up by the front of my shirt and slapped me round the face. Once. Twice. Three times. He dropped me back to the floor and I let my hair cover my face so they wouldn't see my eyes going black with anger. "What's so funny?" He boomed.

"You're so stupid! I might be the Alphas mate but I'm unmarked. He's known for the last five years we were mates but he doesn't care. He'd keep land and pack members over me any day, hell you've probably just done him a favour." I chuckled darkly at the end, looking up at him.

"That's alright. We'll just have to have our fun with you before we kill you instead. He's your soul mate and will feel it. It's not like you can stop us with the silver chains wrapped around your hands and legs or with the dose of vulparia we injected you with." So that's why I felt like shit. They injected me with a strong dose of wolfs bane. Good job it was mostly out my system by now. But what they don't know is I'm not your average werewolf, silver doesn't affect me if it's not in my blood stream.

"Once you die the Alpha won't be strong enough to look after the pack then we'll make our move and kill him and anyone else that stands in our way. You have no idea just how many of us there are, you won't be able to take on all of us. We're always going to be here. Fighting. Destroying packs. We have an army. We've been building ourselves up for years. And we're ready. Now forget about all that. It won't matter to you once you're dead, just get ready for us to rock your world."