Chapter 29

The following day was Saturday. We decided that with all the change that has happened lately and with the council turning up out of the blue we would all have a day off and relax. Right now, I was sat in a little cafe with Alcide, Brad, Lucy, Ryan and Rose. I smiled warmly at all of them, happy that my two best friends had found their mates. It had been so long since Brad, Rose and I got to spend some time together, and now we got to spend it with all of our mates as well. Rose was busy telling everyone a story of when Brad was play fighting with me not long after I joined the pack and I accidentally kicked him in the down below area. I rolled my eyes at them.

"It wasn't my fault okay? I didn't realize how close he was!"

"Yup. Never making that mistake again. Watch out Alcide, she has a strong kick." Brad said with a wince. We all laughed and continued on talking between us, laughing at old memories and easier times. I felt so relaxed and happy I almost forgot what was going on in the world. After we had finished, we decided to go back to the pack house and just chill out.

"We'll come join you guys in a bit, I want to just pop somewhere first." I said, lacing my hand through Alcide's.

"Okay Moo, we'll see you soon." Brad said, kissing me on the forehead. I pulled Alcide over to his car.

"Where are we going?"

"There's someone I've been meaning to see but I just haven't got around to it yet. I want you to meet them too." I smiled, thinking of his cute little face.

Alcide smiled at me in confusion, wondering what I was talking about. I told him where to drive to and he still seemed to be confused, obviously not knowing which pack members lived where. When we pulled up in front of the house the front door slammed open and a bulldozer of a child came charging out.

"Milly!" Billy screamed, running up and hugging me around my thighs.

"Hi Billy!"

"What are you doing here?" He looked up at me smiling his cheeky little grin.

"We're here to see you of course!" Billy looked over at Alcide, his eyes going wide. Billy let go of me and looked down at the floor.

"Hi Alpha." He mumbled.

"Hi Billy, how are you?"

"I'm okay." Billy mumbled in response. I looked up, sensing someone coming over to us.

"Your majesty's" Billy's mum said, bowing to us slightly.

"I hope you don't mind us popping by. I just hadn't seen Billy in a while and wanted to see him for a bit."

"Not at all. Please come in, would either of you like a drink?" She asked. We followed her into their home. It was surprisingly tidy for a house with a little kid in it.

"Milly, Milly, I painted you a picture, remember? Let me go get it!" Billy ran off and up the stairs. I chuckled at all his energy.

"I never got to thank you." Billy's mum said, smiling kindly at me.

"Whatever for?"

"Before you came along, Billy was rather quiet. He'd chat away to me and his Dad but at school he didn't have any friends, he was too shy and got picked on. Then you came in one day and gave him confidence to be himself. It was like a door opened and now everyone gets to enjoy who my son really is." I smiled at her. I didn't realize I had had such an effect on him. A second later Billy ran into the room and jumped on my lap with a piece of paper. It was a painting he done of me and him stood next to each other holding hands.

"Billy! This is amazing! You painted this?" I gasped in surprise. It was your average child's painting but it was so cute of him to do this for me. Alcide and I stayed at Billy's for a little while before leaving to go back to the pack house.