Chapter 13

I woke up to something lightly tapping my nose. It took a while for me to get my bearings straight as I was so warm and comfy. I don't think I've ever slept this well. I felt the light tap again but it was on my ear this time. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times letting my eyes adjust. The first thing I noticed was that I was outside and it was slowly starting to rain. It was near sunrise and the sky was starting to lighten up a bit. I tried shifting to stand up but I couldn't. I looked down at my body and realize it's because I had a sleeping Alpha on me. I rolled my eyes then ever so slowly I was able to get myself free. I looked around and noticed everyone else was still asleep so I decided to go for a little wonder as I love the mornings. By the time the sun was just coming up I decided to go to the pack house and have a shower. I took my time getting dressed and when I was finished, I slowly made my way over to where everybody else was still sleeping on the field. I went over to Alcide and started stroking his head. His fur was so soft I didn't even notice he was looking at me. When I realized a small smile formed on my face.

"Wakey, wakey Mr Alpha, can't sleep all day." He slowly sat up and yawned whilst stretching. I walked over to my pack and woke them all up. Brad tried to bite my hand but I was too quick and flicked him on the nose.

"Bad Beta!" I said giggling. He let out a wolfy chuckle but got up shaking out his fur. We all made our way back to the pack house; everybody going to their rooms to have a shower and get changed. I decided today I would go to the nursery and help look after all the little kids whilst their parents were at work. By the time I got there they were all in a little classroom finger painting. I walked over to the lady in charge to ask if I could help.

"Hello, I was just wondering if I could help out today?"

"Milly, right?" She asked. I nodded my head and stuck out my hand to shake hers.

"Sure, my names Sue. After finger painting, we're gunna have a game to help them learn their timetables and then they have a fifteen-minute break. Have you ever done anything like this before?" She asked.

"Yeah, every Saturday I helped out at the nursery of my old pack for a few hours. Helping little kids and watching their faces light up when the understand something or are having fun just makes my day." I said with a smile. She smiled back at me, her eyes softening ever so slightly.

"Well for the next forty minutes we just go around and help out and make sure they're all getting on okay, that okay with you?" I nodded my head then we both went around the room looking at all the kids work. I saw this one little boy sat on a table all on his own and not really joining in. I went over to Sue to ask why he was sat by himself.

"Some of the other kids bully him because he's shy. I've tried everything I can to help but there's only so much I can do." I nodded my head in understanding then walked over to him and sat down the tiny chair next to him.

"Hello, my names Milly. What's yours?" I asked.

"Billy." He mumbled, not looking at me.

"Billy and Milly. I think we sound like an awesome team, don't you?" He just sort of shrugged his shoulders and fiddled around with the paint a bit. I reached over and picked up a piece of paper, dipped my finger in some paint and started to paint a picture. I wasn't the best drawer in the world but I wasn't too bad. After a few minutes I wrote a little message underneath my painting.

"Here you go Billy, this is for you." I drew a picture of me and Billy holding hands and wrote 'Billy and Milly BFF's' He sucked in a breath and then looked at me. His mouth was hanging open and his eyes were wide.

"You want to be my friend?" He asked quietly.

"Oh, not just any friend. I want us to be best friends!" I said.