Chapter 26

The next few weeks were... Eventful.

Gray, Brad, Alcide and myself had to keep the Alpha's in check and train them on how to fight better. They then went to train their packs with my packs help. The majority of people actually listened to us and Brad kept saying it was because I was royalty. There was the odd one or two that thought they were being clever but we soon sorted them out - one of them being the Alpha that kept piping up at the meeting we had with all the Alpha's. Found out his name was Karl. Had to stop myself from quoting llama's with hats every time I saw him.

Other than that things were running smoothly. People weren't in bad shape at all, some of the packs we even trained before so they knew what to do and were helping other wolves. Each pack had to train in a different place as there really wasn't room for everyone to train together. I noticed a new power that I had. I could see little strings of light connecting people from their hearts. It was hard to explain. It wasn't like a stream of light but it was like a glow out the corner of my eye. I soon realized that it was the soul mate link. I can see who is mated with who, some didn't have any because they were too young and other were older and their mate had died. There was a few that had a glow but the line went out of the territory so their mate obviously wasn't here with the rest of us.

It was exciting being able to see who belonged together. Because there were so many wolves here it was hard for people to find each other, especially as most packs kept to themselves. I enjoyed match making when we weren't training.

I got to know Lucy, Brad's mate. She was a timid little thing like I was the first time Brad found me. I knew it wouldn't be long before Brad helped break her out of her shell. Every so often she'd pipe up with a witty comment but straight away her cheeks would go red with embarrassment.

Alcide and I spent a lot of time together. We had to learn to control our new abilities. He couldn't do as much as I could but he was still better than all the other wolves. Reading the book, I found in the library made my blood run cold. It said that the blue wolf had a true mate but also anyone could mate with the blue wolf and share some of their powers. The book touched on being able to get the blue wolves' power from them without mating but didn't go into it at all. We think that's what this army is all about. We think 'Boone' or whoever that's controlling them wants to have my powers. We couldn't find out if that would still happen after mating with their true mate though, so for now we think I'm safe. The book gave us some more information than what we had but it never really went into much detail.

We spent a lot of time trying to convince the other packs that didn't join us to come down. Yes, this place was over crowded with people but we needed all the wolves we could get. The Alpha's were stubborn and didn't want to leave their territory. They all called me "Your majesty" on the phone though. They said their wolves knew who I was and they wanted to come and help but it was the human saying no. I could have forced them to come down but that just didn't feel right. Using the Alpha command on anyone and taking away their free will, rogue or not, just never felt right to me.

Right now, Alcide and I had spent a lot of time practicing our powers. He's a lot quicker now, stronger, he said his senses are heightened so he can hear and smell everything that happens on his land. He could also talk to animals. His face when he first heard a bunny talk was funny but now, he thinks it's the coolest thing ever. Both of us are such animal lovers. Our wolves however... They enjoy a good hunt. His Alpha command was more powerful. Before he could control his pack and only his pack whereas now, he can control anyone that isn't an Alpha. I still have the power of controlling everyone, even Alcide. Alcide can fight of my commands but he said it's rather painful and can't always do it. I still had this Alpha force, we really didn't know what it was but I could make people bow down to me, like I did with that arsehole Alpha when we had the meeting.