Chapter 11

The next morning, they let me sleep in so Alpha and Brad took over training. Alpha will be going back to the pack in a couple of days, but he's here to make sure I'm going to be okay. They think that because I got kidnapped that I'm going to lose my mind or something. Not likely, I'm a tough girl.

I woke up at about half ten. That the longest I've ever slept. I looked around the room and noticed that Brad wasn't in here and that I didn't have any nightmares. Weird. I got out of bed and walked downstairs into the kitchen. I can't even remember the last time I ate. I went to the freezer and pulled out a large pizza. Yum. I put it in the oven then set the timer and sat at the island waiting for the pizza to cook. A few minutes passed before Alcide came into the kitchen through the back door. I sat up straighter and looked at him. He had on trackies and t-shirt and was all sweaty. Lovely.

"Been out for a run?" I asked him. He jumped slightly, clearly not know I was there. He cleared his throat before speaking,

"Umm yeah, been doing that a lot lately."

"What? Running?"

"Umm... yeah"

"Why?"

"Helps me think." I just nodded my head in understanding. "What are you doing anyway?" He asked, sitting opposite me. I pointed to the oven.

"Pizza!" I said, my eyes going wide and a grin spreading on my face. I love pizza! He nodded his head then we stayed silent for a while, it was getting quite awkward. He cleared his throat again and looked at me then back at the table.

"Milly...?"

"Mm?" I looked at him but he wouldn't meet my eyes. He cleared his throat again then winced slightly before talking again.

"I just wanted to apologise and explain... I know I owe you a lot of explanations and I have a lot to say sorry for its just..." He sighed and his shoulders slumped. "Okay, imagine this. Say I never got with anyone else. I rejected you but I never hooked up with anyone and when you came back I wasn't with any other girl and I was waiting for your return and I wasn't an asshole and I didn't do things to piss you off, would we be together?" I was momentarily stunned. I just shrugged my shoulders not really understanding his point. "Okay, then answer me this. Right now, why are we not together?" 

Is he actually serious?

"Because you can't keep your dick in your pants." I answered pretty much straight away. He looked surprised, at either my answer or the fact I answered it so quickly.

"I can be faithful." He grumbled. I raised an eyebrow and chuckled slightly, shaking my head.

"I'll believe it when I see it, Alpha."

"So, if I prove to you that I can be faithful, will we be together then?"

"Honestly?" He nodded his head looking like he generally wanted to know my answer, "I didn't think you wanted a mate... or at least me as a mate."

"What? Why?" He asked, looking confused.

"Why?! Because you rejected me and since I've been here you haven't exactly shown any interest in being my mate. I know that we've both been busy but you haven't exactly made an effort to get to know me or anything." I stated.

"You haven't either."

"Yes, but I didn't reject you, did I? You told me you didn't want to be my mate and you were too busy getting laid to even notice I was here... I thought that if you wanted to be my mate you'd do or say something about it but you haven't done anything."

"So, when your done helping this pack what were you going to do? Leave?"

"I don't exactly have a reason to stay, Alcide."