Breaking Part 2

JAZMINE P.O.V. -

Me and DJ had been out all day sight-seeing while everyone else was in rehearsals. Yes we literally took all the flowers and put them on graves. DJ made me.

We were returning to my room, DJ followed close behind me. There was what seemed to be a white box outside my door.

"Girl." DJ shook his head. I gave DJ the key to open my door, while I picked it up. DJ opened the door and we went in. I sat the box on the desk.

"I'm scared to open it." I said biting my fingers like a little kid. This steady gift giving was freaking me out a little bit. You never knew what it could be.

"I'm telling you. He gon have a big rat in that, with an "I'm sorry sign around its dirty little neck."

"DJ shut up." I laughed and slowly opened the box up.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" DJ screamed real loud, I screamed and jumped back.

DJ fell onto the bed cracking up.

"Why did you do that?" I mugged him.

"Just open the box heffa."

I went over to it again and slowly opened it. It was a strawberry shortcake with " I'm sorry on it. "

I was totally broken at this point. "Aww DJ I got to talk to him. He is really sorry."

"Jazz no."

"We are not throwing this cake away."

"I know cause I'm finna max this shit." He picked a strawberry off the top of the cake.

"It's delicious." He said chewing. "Too bad it don't mean shit. Mm." He pursed his lips unmoved by Aug's gesture.

"When he gets back from rehearsal I want to at least let him know we're cool. That's it." I took off my shoes.

"Jazz stop being weak." He took another strawberry off the cake.

"I'm not being weak, but it's petty to keep this up. Especially if we have to work together. We can be cordial."

"You can send him a text, you don't have to see him."

"DJ it's only right to see him face to face."

"Well you better than me, cause I would've made some crazy request like, swim the English Channel, then I'll forgive your black ass. " He said taking a chunk of cake and smacking.

"Damn this good. Can I have this?"

"Take it DJ." I plopped on the bed and ran my hands through my hair.

"I'mma take a shower go to your room." I told him.

"Bitch you kicking me out?"

"No, I'm asking you to leave there's a difference."

"You finna text him ain't you?"

"No nosey. I'm finna take a shower like we been out all day over people's graves. I need to wash this off me."

"You're lying heaux, but whatever." He got the cake. "Let me know how it goes." He says with his full mouth and left.

The door shut and I got out my phone to text Aug. I was going to hear August out, and accept his apology.

I might even consider being friends again. But it wasn't going any further than that. Cordial was all we were going to be.

Me: We can talk when you get back. Your room tho, because everybodies on my floor.