Market Run-ins

JAZMINE P.O.V. -

I was in the car putting on my makeup waiting for DJ come out of his condo. A close friend of ours was having a baby shower and we had to pick a few things up.

But as usual he was taking forever. He takes longer than a woman. Why? I don't understand.

I sang along and danced in my seat to my music playing in my car.

I love the way you keep them heels on

Hair ain't yours but it's paid for and it's real long

Show them tattoos when you switch it up

With your J's on

And you got ass so fat that I can't help but Feel On

And you keep it real when it comes to having sex

I flipped my hair, doing sexy poses with duck lips in the mirror. You know when you feeling yourself. And whether , you actually look good or not, you feel like you can go straight from the mirror to a video set? Yup that was me.

Girl you don't ever flex

Long as I fuck you good

You ain't worried bout what's next

That's why I keep you here

You ain't like them other hoes

Cause you the fucking best

Just in case you didn't know

I took my lipstick out of my bag and put it on still singing, flipping my hair. My dance party was interrupted by DJ knocking on my window.

I opened the car door. He opened it and soon as he heard what was playing, he stood with his arms folded.

"Bitch ain't a thang ghetto about your USC magna cum laude graduating ass." He said getting in.

"He doesn't actually mean ghetto like hood for your info."
I put on my mascara.

"Please educate me what does he mean?"

"It means going hard everyday trying to overcome. So that makes us both ghetto."

"Yeah, ok." DJ said rolling his eyes.

"He does. He said it in an interview with The Source."

" so now you stalking the man?"

"No. Researching there's a difference."

"You are so pathetic Jazmine. Pa-the-tic!" He emphasized the entire word.

"How does that make me pathetic?"

He picked up my phone and scrolled through my playlist.

"Aug's Music? Y'all on a nickname basis?"

"He calls himself that. And Shouldn't I know who I'm representing?" I snatched my phone back.

"If that's the lie you want to tell to save face, so be it."

"Anyway, he has some really good songs. You should hear this song on his EP, called Don't Forget About Me."

"I'll pass." He rolled his eyes and looked out the window.

"DJ he cries on the end of it. Listen."

I played the part where August tells the story of the day he found out his brother got shot to death on the end of the song and cries.

"Isn't that so sad?"