Baby Fever

Jazmine POV--

"I never asked you about what you said when we came back from Nola?"

"What?" He dug his fork in my shrimp fired rice.

We were on the couch chilling. My legs were in his lap.

"You said when we have a baby." I dug into Aug's Orange Chicken.

"I didn't say that." He continued to eat.

I sucked my teeth.

"Aug yes you did. You said you didn't want me giving you my kidney do when we have a baby I'll be okay."

"You don't want to have my baby?" He looked at me eating his food.

I moved the blanket that was covering us a little more over me.

"I prefer being your wife first."

"Who said a ring don't come with it?"

"Plenty women get a ring. I want two."

"Trust me if you carry my seed it's gone be done right babe. You ain't got to worry about that. I love you too much to leave you a baby mama."

"You having baby fever or something?" I laughed.

"Just want to make sure a piece of me is here that's all." He drank some of his wine.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He was scaring me.

"Nothing. Just thinking out loud. I made my appointment."

I was fine until he brought that up. My heart started beating out my chest.

"When is it?" I tried to eat my food and calm down.

"Tomorrow."

I was slowly losing my appetite. 😣

"What time?"

"12. Then from there got rehearsal. Got five shows lined up with Chris."

"Are they back to back?"

"Eh we get a little break. Day between."

"Isn't that a bit much bum?" I was thinking of how horrible this could be if he gets sick again on the road, knowing his condition.

"I can handle it."

"Well I'll meet with David in the morning. And then meet you at the doctor's office."

"I want to go alone babe."

"Alone? Why?"

"I just want to go alone. It's not personal."

"We're in this together."

"At the end of the day, it's gonna be me on the operating table. You not gonna be able to be in there. I don't want to get too dependent."

"Fine. I'll just clear my schedule to go on the tour."

"Just take care of the home front for me. Damage control. Make sure this don't get out to the media."

Why was he pushing me away when I wanted to be there?

"I'm not just your publicist August. I'm your girlfriend. I don't want to just do damage control or make up lies to the media. I want to be there with you every step of the way."

"And I understand that. I appreciate that. But I'm a grown man babe. Some battles I got to fight solo."

I put my fork in my food and sat it on the table. Was I hearing this correctly?