Foreword

bet you weren't expecting a third after that ending, were you?

this may disappoint some, but this is not a continuation of their lives together. that story is finished. instead, this is a glimpse into their relationship as it developed after the golden age in narnia. 

i found letters would make sense as a way of communication between the two. this book will be letters between lilith and the other pevensies in the time between their return to england and their deaths, and even going beyond at the end. we'll get a better understanding of peter and lilith's children, caspian and marie pevensie, as well as the family dynamic post-death. 

lilith and peter have been in my mind for around two months now, in which time i've written three books about them. they are thus far my greatest and only finished creation, so i hope you have enjoyed the ride while it's lasted. 

if you're incredibly confused, this is not the first book in the series. you should read the other two - Selcouth and Hiraeth - before you read this. nothing's going to make sense if you don't. or you can go ahead with reading this, and maybe have a different understanding of their relationship. it's up to you. 

i wrote about some things in the letters that i didn't mention in the other two books, so if they confuse you, just assume it happened some time between the chapters other things were mentioned in. i found writing every scene would take too much time. 

the title of this book, saudade, means this: nostalgia; the love that remains. i found it fitting, given the contents. 

i hope you all enjoy reading about my babies again!

- cecily <3