S - L

Letter twenty-five.

Status: delivered.

Current location: Lucy's grave.

Dearest Lucy,

I'm so very sorry. I can't even begin to describe how sorry I really am.

This is just like when you first told us about Narnia. None of us believed you, but you were right. You told the truth. How have I managed to make the same mistake twice?

I miss you so very much. Though I loved our brothers with all my heart, I always felt closer to you. You were so mature when we got back the first time. You knew we sould go back, you told me. But that was my last time.

I resented Aslan for not letting Peter and I come back. I thought it meant He didn't need us. I thought He assumed us expendable, useless. He was only telling the truth. We had learned all we could from Narnia by then, and yet I managed to forget almost everything I was taught. I should have listened to you more, Lucy.

I named my daughter after you. Her name is Anne-Lucy. She's gorgeous, and so smart. She's clever, too, and has the same kind of sass Edmund had. Marie and Caspian, Peter and Lilith's children, watch over her often. Marie seems to enjoy it, though it's hard to tell with Cas. At fifteen he seems to think acting like he hates everything will make him seem better. I think he should take a visit to Narnia and see where that behavior gets him. Maybe he will.

Aslan. Tell Him I'm so sorry for not believing you. Tell Him I'm sorry for trying to forget. I never could and wouldn't want to anymore. I understand why we had to go. I don't know why you all had to die, but I know you're all home again. I hope I'll see you there someday.

I miss you. I miss mum, dad, Ed, Peter, and Lilith too. Tell them all I love them. My best girl. Lucy, I love you. So much.

All my love,

Susan

writing the sibling ones was very hard for me.

i hope you have a great day/evening!

- cecily <3