C - L

Letter twenty-eight.

Status: delivered.

Current location: Lilith's grave.

Dear mum,

It's been a while. I'm married with two screaming babies now. Last time I wrote, I was the screaming baby. Figuratively. But you'd have recognized that.

I can't believe how happy I am. You and dad must have been like this, right? I'm just so in love. I didn't know it was possible to care for someone so much. Sarah is perfect. I mean that in the most literal way possible. I don't think I could love her or our children more.

You were as old as I am now when you had me. When dad died. When half of your world was ripped from your hands. I can't imagine losing Marie and Sarah at the same time. I love them both far too much. I know I couldn't raise my children on my own. At least you had Aunt Susan.

I went to visit her as soon as we got here. Oh, right. Sarah and I moved to America. She figured there would be better job opportunities for herself there, and I had no opposition to the idea. We've got a telephone, so Marie and I talk a couple of times a week. She was the one who suggested I come home for my twenty-fourth birthday. Aunt Sue, Anne-Lucy, Marie, Richard and little Peter were all there when Sarah and I arrived with the children. Marie named her son after dad. Sarah and I had twin girls, so we each picked a name. I chose Lucy, for my incredibly brave aunt who I never got to meet, and she chose Callie, for her younger sister who died in an accident when they were little. Peter, Lucy and Callie all get on so well. It's honestly a little surprising.

We had a cake. Aunt Sue and Marie teamed up to make it, so it was obviously fantastic. I'm not sure where Marie got her baking skills, because I don't remember you doing much of it when I was small. It was amazing nonetheless.

I hope you're well. You would've loved to meet Sarah. She's amazing. I know I'm a tad bit biased, but Aunt Sue and Anne-Lucy both agree, so there you go. More votes on my side. I hope dad, Aunt Lu, Uncle Ed, Grandmother and Grandfather are all proud of me. I'm proud of me.

I love you. I miss you.

All my love,

Caspian Pevensie

caspian's married too? what a crazy world.

i hope you have a great day/evening!

 - cecily <3