95.Love and war

"Cause we made it this far on for better or worse
I wanna feel it even if it hurts
If I gotta cry to get to the other side, let's go 'cause we're gon' survive oh
We stay on the front lines
Yeah but we're still here after the bomb drops
We go so hard we lose control
The fire starts then we explode
When the smoke clears we dry our tears
Only in love and war"

~Tamar Braxton

Kennedy banks pov

I sit in front of Vons house in the heated car while playing music lowly in the back ground

I sit in front of Vons house in the heated car while playing music lowly in the back ground . I arrived about ten minutes ago and haven't gotten motivated enough to actually knock on the door and face Him yet .

I went by a local restaurant and grabbed him some sushi rolls and I even got him an I'm sorry card to go with it . I know it's not a big gesture but it's a memory from a happier time in our life so I thought bringing it to him would at least lighten up the mood a little before we start a screaming fest . Something I'm not looking forwards to ..

Plus I'm to busy overthinking and wondering what could go wrong that I don't even know how to approach the situation anymore .

Von is more upset with me than he's ever been before and although he has a good enough reason to be , I really don't want our relationship to end over dumb decisions that I've made and kept from him .

I'm afraid he won't even want to hear my side and he'll just be cold and harsh towards me like he was before . He said he was done and I know he meant it so I honestly don't think me fighting for us is enough .

See with me , it's different . I'm weak for Von . I can say I'm done and then be back in his arms the next day like nothing happened . All he has to do is apologize and make me feel special and loved again and I'm right back by his side like nothing ever happened . But see Von is a whole different breed .

Once he has a dislike for someone he drags it on and doesn't want to hear anything you have to say to change your mind about it . Like tooka for example. That man probably doesn't even know him and Von still have beef but Von speaks on him whenever he gets a chance to . That's if tooka is even still alive . The point is he thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong , and although he's technically right in this situation.. I still don't want him to just leave me alone for good . I have to at least try .

I sigh a little and hit my head on the steering wheel lightly before finally unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out the car slowly .

I'm taking a chance on my relationship right now and if it means getting Von back then all of this is worth it . I know his family is here and he's trying to forget about me but out of sight is out of mind and I refuse to let him let me go . It's me and him forever like he said and I'm making him live by that .

I make it to the door and I look down and think before making my next decision.

"God " I start desperately then look up at the sky"I don't ask you for much because I know you have to work to get the things I want but I can't get this one alone , I need you here with me "I say lowly "and when I say here I mean protection because he's one of your demented children "I smile a little then nod "amen"I finish then sigh and raise my fist to knock on the door

What do I have to loose ?

I give the door three hard taps then try to contain my anxious shaking as I wait for him to open the door . What if he opens it and starts cussing me out , or tells me to leave , or just slams the door right in face . I don't even know what my next moves would be if that happens .

I don't even think my emotions can handle being rejected harshly for a third time and trying again . I just hope his willing to at least talk ...

My body tenses up as I hear footsteps approaching the door and sigh a little preparing for the worst .

The door slowly opens and I sigh in relief seeing Tom walking out with a big smile on his face . I've never been more excited to see him then this very moment .

"Oh hey Kennedy how are you ? " he asks and I sigh while grinning

"Great now " I tell him excitedly and he laughs a little

"That's great to hear "he nods "I haven't seen you around lately is everything okay ? " he asks and I shrug a little

"Not really but that's why I'm here " I tell him nodding towards the house

"Oh I get it " he says catching on "well don't stress to much about it , y'all youngins go through things all the time , the rough patches won't last long " he says giving me a little more motivation to go in and talk to him

"Thanks tom " I smile

"No problem " he nods before trying to walk past me before I stop him

"Wait "I start nervously "is he in a good mood today or should I come back ? "I asks

"He's fine "he tells me "and even if he wasn't , that's your man , he can be on his period as long as he wants just as long as y'all go to sleep together at night " he says patting my back and I nod understanding his words

"Your right " I tell him and he smiles then turns on his heels and starts to walk off leaving me alone with my thoughts .

I know von kicked me out but leaving was probably the worst Decision I could've made . If I would've stayed he would've known I was serious about me being sorry and wanting him to forgive me but by me leaving it shows a weakness in our relationship that i need to fix . I just need to prove my love the way he proves his . Sternly and forcefully so he knows I mean it !

"Ouuu one more thing "tom calls out from his police car getting my attentiom since I thought he left

"Yeah ? " I asks

"I forgot to tell von , but when y'all get everything settled , let him know he has to find some else to retake his drug test for him " he says and I furrow my eyebrows

"But I took it for him " I remind Tom . When I take it he never has to retake them because there always clean

"I know " he says "that's the problem I can't turn the one you peed in to the courts "

"Why ? " I asks confused "I don't use drugs "

"Well it wasn't drugs "Tom drags out confused

"So then what's the problem ? What did they detect ? " I question

"Well he's a man and they detected a fetus " he answer and my eyes pop open widely while my heart drops hearing his words echo in my head .

"W-what ? "I question breathless and exhale trying to calm myself down

"Yep ! Congratulations " he smiles then gets in the car and drives off .

I stand there shocked and exhale before palming my face .

I'm pregnant?