Chapter Fifteen- Hateful Words, Doubted Friendships

"She did what!" My friends screamed in unison. I had just arrived home from my disaster date-- friendly date. They stare at me with a mixture or anger and shock written all over their faces. I just got done telling them what happened while James held my hand in a friendly way. I couldn't help the few tears that fell down my face. It wasn't because I was upset, but it was more out of anger. They're silent for a while, but Kyle breaks the silence first.

"Let's go stab her! Let me at her!" yells Kyle as he heads towards the kitchen for a knife.

"Sit down, Kyle. Don't do anything when we haven't even processed this right," Collin says with an eye roll. He seems nonchalant about the whole thing. He only was shocked when he found out about my allergic reaction, but besides that he was pretty calm. Kyle stops to turn and one last look at my face is all that it takes for him to sit back down.

"So what are we going to do?" Jess asked. "She's just playing fire with fire."

"The flame just keeps growing and growing," adds Lilly. I sigh. I don't know what to do. A part of me wants to fight back and the other part of me wants to give up. We know each others weaknesses and that's just going to be our downfall. In the end who's better when we're all doing the same thing; trying to ruin each other.

"We need a car, eggs, and tissue paper." Justine says.

"For what?" I let out a soft laugh.

"So we can egg her car, tissue her house,"

"And leave a shit bomb!" Kyle yells as he gets up from his seat out of excitement. It's not a bad idea, but I still think that we shouldn't do it. We should just let karma run it's course. In the end we're all going to get our fair share of karma.

"Let's go right now." Justine says getting up too.

"No. Michelle would probably expecting it right now." Nicole says. "Let's try going this weekend. I heard that she's going out of town on Saturday."

"No we can't wait she'll probably start doing something right now." Kyle argues.

"Don't be ridiculous. She's just trying to rile you up. You need to come up with a well planned out revenge." Collin interrupts them. With that they all burst out into a huge argument. I can't help but realize that James, and Emma haven't spoken during the whole time. James is just listening to what they have to say while Emma is looking at me, but she seems to be deep in her thoughts.

"No." I say causing them all to turn and look at me. "We're not going to do anything. I'm just going to let this run its course and be done with it." I say getting up to stretch.

"But--" everyone starts to protest, but I cut them off.

"Please. Just let it go this time." I plead with my eyes and everyone just nods.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Walking inside to the school buildings wasn't the way I had expected. I dreaded going to school this Friday morning, but I wasn't going to show any signs of weakness. I expected to see me being the school gossip or at least everyone looking at me and giving teasing looks. Yet, none of that happened as I entered the building. Although I did get a few stares it was nothing big. I headed to my locker that morning and when I opened it all I saw was black.

It was all I could see and I could feel the tension inside of me building up. My fight or flight reflexes started to kick in almost instantly. My arms raised and covered my face I tried tilting my face aesy from my locker, but I wasn't fast enough. Aside from that I was also about three inches away from my locker. My mirror that hung behind my locker door revealed it all. As I saw my face filled with black ink I screamed. It wasn't no ordinary scream that I do when something scares me. Oh no. This was my angered scream. Even from where I stood I could hear my scream vibrate through all the hallways.