Chapter Eleven- Sleepless Nights, Enemy Confrontations

I lay that night in bed sore from dance practice that day. I still feel terrible fore elbowing James in the ribs. I've said sorry numerous times, but each time I say it I always feel worse instead of better. Why would you do something like that? That's just terrible.

Afterwards I took Emma to Sweet Frog and we both cooled down and actually relaxed. Ever since the hit and run we've both been stressed out and it feels like everything keeps pilling up. I check my clock and it reads 12:59 am. I really need to sleep, but I'm fully awake. I wonder if Emma's awake, but I doubt it. Unlike me Emma likes to have her beauty sleep and she usually sleeps through anything and deals with it in the morning. I, on the other hand, can't.

I grab my phone and unplug it from it's charger and I compose a new message. I sit up in my bead and start typing away at the buttons on the screen. Hey you up? I send.

A few minutes later I get a reply back from him. I am now.

Omg Did I Wake You? I'm sooo Sorry If I Did. I send back.

No I'm kidding. I've been up doing homework for Mrs. Gusukuma. James texts me back. A few seconds later he send me a picture of him and his homework spread out on his bed. I let out a soft laugh as I think of something to text back.

Wow That Is Sexy.

Who? Me or the homework?

I ponder my response before typing, "hmm... Both?"

Good answer. So to what do I owe this 12:59 text on a school night?

Oh Nothing. I Just Wanted To Say Sorry For What Happened For The nnth Time and I Can't Sleep. I text back.

Well think of me and you'll fall asleep lol

Can't. Your The One That's Keeping Me Awake.

Ouch. That hurts my self esteem you know. But if it makes you feel better than you give me a date and everything will be a-okay. I giggle at his text and I can feel my checks warming up. Did he just ask me out on a text through phone? I want to scream yes, well text in this case, but we all swore an oath to never agree to go on a date through a phone. After watching medieval time periods in history we all started rejecting virtual asks. I hit reply and text back, "You're Going To Have To Try Harder Than That. Try Asking Me In Person Next Time." I hit send and when I see him text back "okay, will do. Goodnight beautiful." All of a sudden I feel my eye lids grow heavy. I put my phone away and make sure its charging before heading back to sleep.