Chapter Twenty-three: Beach Walks, Family Emergencies

The next morning I woke up with jitters and a nauseous feeling. I was excited about the fact that I was going to see Noah again, but I honestly didn't want Emma to find out. I should probably tell her but with everything going on she probably say that I'm trying to get her mad. I miss the way we used to talk but I can't let that get in the way of how wrong she is. She shouldn't have been hanging out with Liam or doing drugs with him. She just needs to get it through her head.

I feel myself growing angry by the second so I decide to shake it off. I don't want to start the day off bad. So I hope out of bed and head towards my bathroom. I turn on the hot water and let it heat up a bit. As I wait I strip my clothes off and put my robe on to cover myself in case someone decides to barge in while I'm naked. Once the water has heated up a bit I step inside the tub and start rinsing myself off. Within a few minutes I'm showered and cleaned. I head out of the bathroom with my robe on and head to my closet. I had checked the weather last night and it said it was going to be sunny and windy today. So I decide to go with a knee length dress.

I grab my flats because I don't want to be walking in heels if we decide to go to the beach. Once I had my dress and shoes on I head over to my make-up bag on my dresser. During this vacation I want to look as normal as possible so I decide to only wear mascara, top eyeliner, and very little bit of concealer. After that I quickly blow dry my air and brush it. My hair doesn't get frizzy when it's hot outside so I decide to leave it down. I plug in my straightener so that I can straighten my bangs only.

While I wait for my straightener to heat up I start doing my make-up which I finish within a matter of seconds. I straighten my bangs quickly and as I look into the mirror I feel like something is missing. After what seems like eternity I realize what I'm missing- an accessory. I grab a headband that I had brought with me. It's white and really thin so it doesn't clash with my outfit but helps hold back the hair from getting into my face.

Before I put on my lip gloss I head back into my room and brush my teeth. I grab my handbag and head downstairs towards or patio where we have breakfast. I check the time and notice that its only bout to be noon. Noah and I had agreed to meet up at two at a burger restaurant. So I have to be leaving soon if I want to make it on time and avoid questions.

I slide the doors to the patio open and all heads turn towards me. I slide them closed and walk over to my dad and then Emma's mom. "Good morning," I tell them.

"Good morning Bella," they tell me in unison.

"Good morning guys," I tell her everyone else but only James answers me back. Jeez well somebody's in a bad mood. I understand Emma but why Collin? I decide to ask him later but for now I just shake it off.

"Are you going to joins us for a late breakfast?" Emma's mom asks me.

"Sure but I have to leave in twenty." I say back as I take my seat.

"Where are you going to?" asks my dad.

"Oh nothing just going to meet up with an old friend." I say vaguely hoping my dad will drop it. I grab a plate of strawberries, bananas and orange juice. I'm not hungry but if I don't add anything into my stomach then I'll faint.

"Oh to see who?" Emma's mom questions.

"No one you've met," I respond.

"Well that narrows it down," Emma mumbles under her breath. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at her and instead I say, "Well good thing no one was talking to you."

"Hey, let's not start today, please." my dad pleads with us.

"Fine." I say as I eat my last strawberry and start eating my cut bananas. Everyone starts to begin a new conversation as I feel my phone vibrate. I look down and see who its from.