Chapter Fourteen- Friendly Dates, Messed up Pranks

Chapter Fourteen- Friendly Dates, Messed Up Pranks

I feel hands wrap around my waist and help me up. I look up and see James give me a smirk, "Thanks " I mumble.

"Will you shut up already? This is embarrassing!" I whine at Collin and Emma who were still laughing at me.

"Well you always said you wanted to have movie moments in real life," she teased me.

"Dance movie moments! Not cliché and embarrasing moments," I argue back.

"Tomatoe, tomato. It's all the same thing to us." Emma grumbled back.

"I have to admit though. I did enjoy the view," Collin snickered. I glared at him, and Emma hit him before I could.

"You little pervert," James muttered just loud enough for us to hear.

"Look who's talking," Collin snickered again. "You still have your hands laying on her waist with her hands on top of it." I looked down and sure enough our hands lay on each other as if it's the most natural thing in the world. We quickly drop our hands and I can feel my cheeks start to heat up.

"Awe look at her! She's blushing!" Emma continued to tease me.

"Okay! I think that it's time to go home now!" I start walking towards Emma and push her to walk towards the car. "Bye guys!" I call over from my shoulder and continue guiding Emma. We're halfway when I hear James call my name.

"Bella wait!" I stop mid step and turn around and smoothly face him.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Can I ask you something, privately?" James asks looking behind me at Emma.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I got the memo. I'll be waiting by the car." Emma says as she walks away.

"I'll walk with you," Collin says coming towards Emma. I watch as they walk away before turning to James. I inspect his face and see the fact that he's rather nervous. He fidgets with his fingers before looking up at me.

"Well you still owe me a date since you like punched me that one day," he smirked.

"In my defense you should stop sneaking up on me and correction: friend date," I say back.

"Yeah that. So let's go today on that date and I'm not taking no as an answer."

"On a Thursday? Bro what if I have homework?" I ask.

"We'll be back by 12. You could always copy off of someone else's homework too," he chuckles.

"Ugh fine. What time are you picking me up at?"

"7 o'clock sharp."

"Okay fine." I grumble. I reach up and give him a friendly peck on the cheek. "See you until then, James." With that I walk away and head towards my car. Collin passes me and heads towards James when he sees me come into view.

"Well what was that about?" Emma asks me. I simply roll my eyes at her as I tell her, "Tell you later." I unlock the car and we slip inside. I reverse the car and we start to head home.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I'm staring in my closet with only 30 minutes left before James comes to pick me up. I already have my makeup and hair done. I decided to go with natural braided hair and a champagne colored eye shadow with brown around the edges. Currently I am wearing a strapless bra and shorts to go underneath my dress. Problem is-- I can't find one.