Chapter 3

Despite what Midoriya thought, he was actually doing a great job at hiding his secret. His volleyball team didn't doubt his story, considering that he was also enrolled in an online school.

He had great marks.

Meanwhile, Midoriya was knew that no one else caught him disappearing. The only questionable thing was that he never stayed with his friends at a certain time. They could chalk it up to homework and other things. 

There was also no record of there being a quirk that allowed them to switch dimensions or travel in time or whatever he did. Besides, he was born quirkless so it couldn't be a quirk. 

Midoriya didn't know what it was. 

However, as the practice match and training camp got closer and closer and closer, Midoriya was getting stressed. How could he slip away for several days? He was able to do it for their internship. Midoriya had excused himself for family purposes. Luckily, his team bought it and he was able to do his half hour when Gran Torino was sleeping. 

Now, that excuse wouldn't work. Karasuno was counting on him, just like they counted on Kageyama and Hinata and Tsukishima and their pinch server, Yamaguchi, and their ace, Asahi, and Nishinoya and everyone else. Each person was a vital part of the team. He couldn't mess up. 

Not to mention that his jumping ability was almost par to Hinata's. However, he was a bit taller. 

Hinata still never forgave him for that.

Midoriya sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Next to him, Iida looked at him worriedly. 

"Are you alright, Midoriya?" he asked as he pushed his glasses higher on the bridge of his nose. 

Midoriya jumped in his seat and looked at Iida, desperately wanting to smack himself. The others around him also looked concerned. 

"Yeah, just thinking," Midoriya said with his hand on the back of his neck and he chuckled awkwardly. Uraraka stared at him.

"You've been out of it for this since the training camp was announced. What's wrong?" she said. Todoroki and Shinsou nodded. 

Midoriya sighed. "It's a family thing but it takes place at the same time as the training camp. Nothing much, to be honest."

Iida protested, waving his arms like a robot. "If it concerns you, then it must mean a lot to you."

Asui nodded and keroed, "If it makes you this nervous, then I can't imagine how much it's worth. You weren't this knocked out when you first came to UA. Kero."

Midoriya was instantly reminded on when he tripped and almost died. "Oh, huh."

"If you're not going to tell us, we won't ask," Todoroki said, looking up from his cold soba.  

Midoriya smiled. "Thanks, guys."

"No problem." Sllluuuuurrrrrrrrppppppppppp.

"Welcome."

"Happy to help."

"Kero, you're welcome."

"Don't mention it."

--------------------
Third POV

Despite what Midoriya said, the others were still worried. After Midoriya disappeared to who knew where, the group of five met together and somehow, the rest of the class was dragged into it.

"Why is the rest of the class here?" Todoroki questioned as the Dekusquad looked around. 

"Kero, I have no idea."