Chapter 22

Midoriya and Hinata were two of the most dedicated people when it came to volleyball, considering that Kageyama was the third on the team.

Were they well-coordinated with Kageyama?

The answer's yes, duh. Or at least, most of the time.

Were they well-coordinated with each other along WITH Kageyama?

Yes, but no.

You see, although they had been on the same team together in middle school, both of them never had a proper setter, one that would make them jump for every single ball. Now that Kageyama's on set, that's a little different.

Basically, the two both had similar ways of spiking and a somewhat similar mindset, which sometimes made them fight for the ball.

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing as much as it is kinda funny.

That could easily be shown when Hinata, focused on the volleyball in the air, crashed into Midoriya, who the ball was intended for.

"Oof!"

"Gah!"

The two landed on either their back or side as the whistle blew.

"Hinata's really going for it, isn't he?" Yamaguchi commented from the sidelines.

"Mhm," Ennoshita said. "That'd be good if it weren't giving the other team points, especially Aoba Johsai." His head jerked to the scoreboard.

Aoba Johsai - 10
Karasuno - 7

"And now we're four points behind," Sugawara said as one of the referees flipped the paper to show Aoba Johsai's score as 11 points.

"And half of that came from service aces or our blunders," Kinoshita sighed.

"Come on, loosen up and get fired up," Tanaka yelled. "We can still change the tide! Coach! Put me in already!"

"Yeah, that's the spirit, Ryu!" Nishinoya cheered.

Coach Ukai sighed as Takeda said, "You know, maybe you should do that. The team out there is looking like they're beating themselves up, especially Midoriya and Hinata."

Coach Ukai took in a deep breath as he looked up at the ceiling before looking at Tanaka. "After this rally. Make sure that you're stretched and ready. Don't pull back any punches."

"Aye, aye, sir!"

--------------------
Aizawa POV

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose, between his eyes as he tried to get some problem children off his case, or, to be exact, Midoriya's case.

The one pestering right now was Kirishima, who Aizawa thought was a pretty good kid. Honest, willing to push himself, Aizawa was sure that he'd be a great hero, not like anyone in the two classes was set to be a bad hero.

"Hey, Aizawa-sensei? Aizawa-sensei"

"Hmm?"

"Sorry to disturb you," the spiky haired kid said, "but I was wondering whether Midobro's here? I ws hoping for him and I to work together since Tiger told me to work on how long my quirk can last while being attacked, so I want to work with Midobro since his quirk is really powerful."

"Why not someone like Bakugou or Todoroki or even Kendo from Class 1b?"

"Well, I feel like with my quirk, I'm more likely going to have to deal with villains who are super strong like, physically. As much as I really like Bakubro and Todobro, their quirks are really unique, not like I'm saying Midobro's quirk is really common, but I think it'll help more if I spar with him. As for Kendo, I really don't know her that well. And to be honest, she's probably going to slap me around and I don't think that's going to be best for me."