Chapter 21

"Olé!"

The crowd cheered loudly as the final, third set began. Midoriya's eyebrows furrowed as Oikawa threw the ball into the air and smacked it down with incredible force.

With a slam and a whoosh, the ball flew right at Hinata, who, despite learning how to recieve a lot better, stumbled, allowing Aoba Johsai one point.

"Don't mind!" Karasuno yelled at Hinata.

Coach Ukai had wanted both of them to get on the court for the third set. He was confident that Midoriya'd be able to replace Tanaka, giving him the rest he needed to go all out later in the set. All Midoriya had to do was hold down the fort.

The fort wasn't holding so well.

Oikawa smirked as he held the ball and bounced it onto the floor several times. He then caught it, holding it before him.

"I'm going to make you eat my dust," he commented.

On the sidelines, Tanaka gained a rather unusual face. "What did that pretty boy say - ow!"

Sugawara retracted his hand. "I told you before, stop with those faces!"

"It's instinct!"

"Well, make it not instinct!"

"How do I do that?!"

"Figure it out!"

Midoriya almost didn't notice the ball flying right at him until he looked ahead, just in time for it to hit im in the middle of his chest, knocking the wind out of him.

He brought his hands above his head as Midoriya greedily took on breaths of air.

"Izu-chan, are you okay?"

"Are you alright?"

"Look ahead of you, baka, and, uh, are you good?"

Midoriya waved his right hand. "I'm fine. Yeah, totally fine."

On the other side of the court, Iwaizumi glared at Oikawa.

"I-Iwa-chan, what's with that look?!"

"Stop aggravating them, Crappykawa!"

"Mean, Iwa-chan!"

"What, you want me to call you Shittykawa?"

"I'll take the crappy!"

"Hey, lovebirds," Hanamaki said, making the two squawk, "stop flirting on the court. Kawa, get us another service ace."

"We aren't flirting!/Makki, shut up!"

Oikawa looked to the side as he got the volleyball back.

The whistle sounded and he threw it up once more, spiking it down to the sideline once more. However, this time, Daichi was able to swoop down and barely get it, making it bounce up into the air.

"Nice one!" Nishinoya said as Daichi stood back up.

Kageyama ran underneath the ball as he glanced around. Midoriya was running to his left and Hinata was running to his right. With a split second decision, Kageyama tossed the ball.

--------------------
Earlier...

Oikawa POV

"Alright, I've got their code," Oikawa proudly said with a small grin.

"So? Spit it out," Mad Dog brusquely said, making Yahaba hit him in the side. He glared at Yahaba, who glared back.

"When it comes to Shrimpy-kun over there," Oikawa jerked his head. "They have two different attacks."

"Yeah, the straight and the weirdo quick," Mattsun commented.

"Before each rally, they say different things. Either 'send it to me' or 'bring it to me'," Oikawa said with his finger up. "Depending on which one they say, they'll do that specific attack. You guys should be able to know by now."

"Oh yeah," Iwa-chan contemplated. And then he hit Oikawa.

"What was that for?"

"Your last comment! Not everyone's as smart as you!"

Oikawa stuck out his tongue.

Coach sighed before saying, "Oikawa, stop provoking Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi, drop that water bottle."

"Fine./Okay, Coach."

"Good. Now, from watching this match," Coach began, "what seems to be the most difficult is not blocking those attacks, but receiving them. If there's a chance you can't get that and block it, don't bother."

"Wait, but why?" Kindaichi asked.

"Watari, isn't it difficult to get the ball when you can't even tell where the ball is?"

"I mean, yeah, because the blockers' arms and hands often get in the way."

"Our arms are just thiccc with three c's," Makki shrugged.

"Wouldn't it be easier to not have those in your field of vision?"

"Yes?"

"Try it out," Coach grinned. "You can never tell with new tactics coming up every day and every match."

----------
Now...

"Midoriya!" Kageyama said as he set it to the green headed boy.

Oikawa looked at the blockers before getting in front of Midoriya's supposed spot.

Midoriya could do both straight spikes as well as diagonal, though he understandably preferred straight shots to cross-court ones.

Sure enough, the ball was sent to him as Oikawa recieved it. Iwaizumi ran up as he spiked it down, only for it to be blocked. However, it was lucky that Mattsun was able to dig it back up as Makki did a feint.

The ball dropped to the ground as Asahi and Daichi almost managed to get it back up.

"Three points ahead, nice," Oikawa stretched his arms.

"Yeah, good job. Are we gonna do that?"

"I don't have Tobio-kun's precision - "

"Stop making excuses, we can try, right? What are you, a coward?" Iwaizumi snorted.

Oikawa looked at him. "Iwa-chan, you're also very good at aggravating people. Good thing none of the girls are looking at you - "

"Oh shut up."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That's gonna be it, because Im on my phone.

Thank you for congratulating me! :)