Chapter 6.1 - Emotionless

Why Chapter 6.1? To explain this, it's a extra extension to the story. (Something like OVA's and filler episodes.) and this will be only a flashback short chapter, also someone's P.O.V as well. So, this will be about a backstory of someone.

(You can skip reading this chapter if you want.)

I might do more like this! Don't worry we're already working on Chapter 7.

Warning: this contains violence and minor strong language.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Illustration by Cheruyuu

Writing by SunnyVII
__________________

My parents forced me to go visit that weird girl again, I didn't even want to go

The moment I visited Serena, she didn't seemed too interested to play with me.

I hang out with her inside her bedroom, we were too bored to even do anything, and the fact that we don't even wanna play as well. I was bothered by her empty look on her eyes and cold attitude.

One day, after she returned from Professor Oak's summer camp, she had a smile on her face, filled with so much content.

I was disgusted by this, I wondered why would she smile. It was my first time seeing her have emotions.

So I went across her bedroom and could see that she had someone's handkerchief. She smelled at it and snuggled against it.

I could hear her say, "Ash.. I want to see you again, I want you to fill my heart with warmth!"

Ash? Who the hell is he? I let myself in her bedroom and asked her who he was.

Serena simply smiled at me because of mentioning this boy called 'Ash.'

"He's someone who saved me... I can't even describe this feeling right now!"

Disgusting. It was very odd for me to see Serena had so much emotions. I wonder what would happen if I steal that handkerchief?

So I grabbed the handkerchief away from her hands, and lifted it up - making Serena not reach it. Since I was taller than her, it makes it easier.

"Give it back, Calem!" She stared at me with anger.

I smirked. I told her that I will give it back if she listens to me. I told her to kneel down in front of me, unexpectedly she did kneeled down.

Wow, is she this desperate to have this handkerchief back? Like what even is this? A obsession for this handkerchief? It was good to see that I was in control of her. Then, I told Serena to beg as she was kneeling down.

"Please, Calem.. give it back, that's so important to me."

I couldn't hold back my breath, I laughed at her. Seeing Serena begging was just too pathetic and funny. I asked her why it's important, then she responded back,

"Because.. that's the only thing that will keep me sane."

I laughed again, I can't believe to hear this from her. Seriously? This is the cause of her having emotions? Why did I liked Serena only being empty? Not just some dumb-look on her face, feeling so much emotions.

I hate girls who would ask me out on a date, and have them always complimenting me. I only need satisfaction for using girls for pleasure.. But Serena proved me wrong. She's the only girl who can't feel anything, I loved how empty she was. If I just destroy this handkerchief, she will go back being empty, right?

Soon I told Serena to just sit here and let her watch me burn her handkerchief.
I grabbed a lighter from my pocket and I lighted it up, then I aimed it against her handkerchief to burn it.

I can see Serena's eyes widened, then she charged at me and pushed me down. She grabbed the lighter from my hand and threw it to the floor. I find it amusing to see Serena was on top of me.

I asked Serena why she would stand up and not listen to any words I said.

"Don't you try to burn it, Calem! That handkerchief is my life value!" She then grabbed the handkerchief back and stood up and backed away from me.

Serena sniffed it once more, then had a huge smile on her face. I was barely breathing, I can't believe Serena would do anything just for that handkerchief. Now that I can imagine, what if she meets this 'Ash' again? Will he be the one who will cure her?

I didn't liked that idea at all, I only liked Serena being empty, not this happy and carefree person! So, I threatened at Serena that I would hurt Ash if she ever meets him again.

As I said that, Serena had a scary look on her face, it was definitely creeping me out.

"Why?.. Why would you hurt him? I will hurt you then, Calem.. you're just in the way!"

Serena grabbed something from her drawer and it was scissors! She rushed towards me with the weapon on her hand, but then someone blocked the way.

"Hold on! What are you guys doing?"

Shauna? I didn't expect her to let herself in. Serena stopped moving and hid the scissors behind her back.

"..It's nothing, Shauna." I hear Serena say.

I quickly got out of her bedroom, and ran downstairs and got out of the house. After a few minutes later, I returned back home.

I was at my bedroom, thinking. Was she really going to kill me there? What's really the cause of that? Of course this person named 'Ash'. Is Serena mentally OK? I wondered how that boy made Serena feel something. Maybe she fell in love? No.. I don't like that thought at all. If she's willing to kill anyone who gets in the way of their love, then damn.

I'll be soon dead if Serena ever caught me hurt Ash. What would happen if Ash were gone? Would Serena go back to her empty self? Or just kill herself?

I don't quite understand.

__________________

Thank you for reading Chapter 6.1 (extra scene)

Story will be continued at Chapter 7 where it left off from Chapter 6.