Chapter 21 - Trying My Best

Warning: this contains sexual act.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Illustrations by Cheruyuu

Writing by SunnyVII

__________________

It was dark and late at night, there was Goh who was staring outside the window while he was seating on a chair. He had his brows lowered down as he seemed to look quite worried about something. He then grabbed his Rotom phone from inside his pocket and checked the time. And saw that it's going to hit 12 AM soon.

"Chloe's birthday... I haven't forgotten about it.

Apparently while Goh was jotting on his thoughts, Professor Oak had approached him and was holding a bug cage with a 0.1 meter Joltik inside.

This made Goh curious and looked at the item that Professor Oak was holding and asked as he looks into Professor Oak's eyes, "Are you giving me this Joltik?"

Professor Oak nodded. "Not only I'll be giving this to you because you may don't have it. But because this is simply a treatment."

"Huh? For what?"

"For that pill you took."

Goh had a inquisitive look at Professor Oak. He was confused how a small Joltik inside a bug cage would help. But soon got a hold of the item from Professor Oak. Nodding to him to let him know that he'll take good care of the Joltik.

"Do you have some plans later?" Professor Oak asked as he went back to his chair.

Goh shrugged. He didn't plan it that far, but then remembered something. "Oh. I'll be visiting Chloe's funeral. It's her birthday."

Professor Oak gasped in surprise. He didn't know that it's gonna be Chloe's birthday. So he told Goh that he wished her a happy birthday. But then something crossed in his mind. "...Is there another reason why you're visiting her other than her birthday?"

"Well it's just that... I m-miss her." Goh responded with his voice shaking. "Back then, I didn't want to admit that I liked her. Because I was so insecure about relationships yet. And that I was so fixated about Pokemon, deciding that I should ignore my feelings for her."

Suddenly Goh's expression turned dark as he stared at the floor, avoiding contact with Professor Oak as he thinks about the death of Chloe.

Professor Oak paused for a while and placed a hand under his chin, thinking. He didn't want to assume that the pill took effect over Goh's affection for Chloe. A few minutes then pass by, they suddenly could hear a knock from the door. It caught Professor Oak's attention and stood up from his chair and went to the door to open it. As he opened the door and saw Goh's parents were here already.