Chapter 25 - Kind But Ignorant

Warning: this contains violence.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Following images will include blood and gore.

Illustrations by Cheruyuu

Writing by SunnyVII

__________________

Early at night... there was a certain boy who has a messy black hair with two red highlights, running on a path beside a river. And then the other side was the road, with the cars passing by.

Goh can see the hospital building from a distance away from him. Even though he was still running, he didn't get tired. However he made some heavy panting as he took quick steps with his feet.

As he was still running, he began to have thoughts, "I can't keep on repeating the same mistakes anymore. I need to keep everyone safe!"

Goh then had a determined look on his face as he ran with his hair flowing through the wind. "As a son, I have to take the responsibilities for my family, why did I even have to waste my time with Horace?"

Although, Goh felt kind of bad for leaving Horace like that. But Goh needs to focus more on his family than his friend now.

10 minutes pass by, Goh finally got to the hospital. He had to ask the nurse at the counter where his parents are at. Once he got the answer, he quickly rushed at the room they were in. Goh slides the door open to see Walker was only present at the bed. It made Goh quite curious to know where is Camille.

There was a doctor who was talking to Walker, it seemed like he was having a panic attack.

"My wife! Her head was eaten by a Sharpedo!" Walker hollered. "Please, doctor! Believe me! I saw it with my own eyes!"

"But that's impossible... a Pokemon wouldn't eat a human." The doctor muttered out.

Walker let out his tears more and grabbed his head with both of his hands. He looked down at his bed. Screaming out in agony that nobody would believe him.

The doctor shook his head and saw a boy who had arrived at the room. Which noted the doctor to go now, so he quickly left the room with Goh and Walker alone.

Goh saw that the doctor left, he gulped. He took a turn to see his father still screaming and crying out. He slowly took some steps forward to approach Walker. As he stood close to the bed, he called out to his father, "Dad... what happened to you?"

The old man looked back at his son, he gritted his teeth in misery. The blue eyes and eyelashes that Goh has on his face was reminding Walker about his wife, Camille.

"You look just like your mother..." Walker stated quietly. "Don't look at me, please. It's going to make me feel worse."

Walker quickly turned his head away from Goh, refusing to look at him in the eye. Which made Goh feel dejected.

"My mother, is she okay?" Goh questioned. Despite Walker ignoring to meet his gaze with his son, he replied back. "...She's dead, Goh."

Goh gasped and covered his mouth with both of his hands. His eyes began to form tears once again. Walker took a slow turn at Goh and said "A Sharpedo ate your mother. Now, who would believe that?"

"I do!" Goh blurted out as he removed his hands from his mouth. With his tears still showing up, ending up dropping to his chin.

Suddenly, Walker grabbed both of Goh's arms, he leaned in, saying "Your mother really loved you so much. I-I'm so sorry, Goh. I couldn't protect her."