Chapter 23 - Strong Belief

Warning: this contains violence and minor strong language.

Following images will include blood.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Illustrations by Cheruyuu

Writing by SunnyVII

__________________

Camille and Walker was driving at a road. The right side of them was the ocean, sparkling with the tint of sunlight. Camille was staring outside the window and was amazed of how beautiful the ocean can be.

Walker glanced at his wife and smiled at the sight. He was currently driving the wheel and had to focus on the road. He coughed out, "Camille, is there something on your mind?"

Camille promptly replied, "Well..." She then puts her shoulder at the edge of the car's window as she stared at the view of the ocean. "I sometimes worry about our son. He struggled to socialize with others because of the friend he made back at Johto. Now that Chloe had passed away and few of his Pokemon had died, what's left with him now?"

It made Walker sighed at this. He eventually stopped the car at the side of the road. It looked like they stopped at the cliff of the mountain, with the ocean beside them.

Camille beamed. She quickly got out of the car and went to the edge of the cliff. She looked down at the end of the small cliff, there was some blood dissolving with the water. Making her wonder, "Did something got eaten over there?"

"Let's see," Walker said as he already got out from the car as well. He approached Camille and looked down at what she was seeing. "Oh... it's another one of those carnivores again."

Appearing that those were Sharpedos eating their prey at the ocean. Camille shivered in response because of the disgusting, gruesome scene.

"Arceus... why has this been happening recently?" Camille said with worry. She then remembered what Professor Oak told her. "My poor angel Goh had witnessed something like this before... but way worse."

Walker had to rub Camille's shoulder to comfort her. He said to her, "You still do care about that kid, huh?"

Camille giggled and removed her husband's hand from her shoulder as she moved away from him. She placed her palm on the back of her hair to stop the wind from waving her hair. She simply stared at her husband's eyes while smiling.

What the two parents didn't know that, one of the Sharpedos had smell their prey above the small cliff. So it jumped up very high from the ocean to reach up to Camille's head.

 So it jumped up very high from the ocean to reach up to Camille's head