Chapter 15 - Distinguished

Warning: this contains violence and minor strong language.

Following images will contain blood.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Illustrations by Cheruyuu

Writing by SunnyVII
__________________

Goh followed Serena by a river on the side, the path they were walking through was taking long to where they are heading.

It was disquieting, it reduced Goh's anxiety. He was walking behind Serena and it made him quite hesitant to do something. He's even starting to plot a plan in his mind, whether to run away or take Serena away to the police.

He knew that she could be manipulative, and could trick to kill him. Goh then glanced at his back to see his backpack, and remembered he had some Pokeballs inside, containing Sobble and the Scizor he forgot.

It took seconds for Goh to realize that he has forgotten about Professor Cerise. Realizing that he has left him behind.

"I need to get back. But-... what am I supposed to do now!?" Goh rapidly breathe to himself and tried to calm down his worries.

Then Serena stopped walking which Goh noticed and got startled by her. She turned around and faced Goh's worrying look.

Both of them were even alone, finally having their privacy.

"So," Serena started to say, "The thing I wanted to talk about was that tragic that happened. I'm talking about Chloe's death."

Goh started to sweat, he was curious to hear about why she wanted to talk about that, instead of killing him right now.

"What about it? Are you forgetting that you've killed Chloe and my Cinderace, you lunatic." Goh switched his emotions to anger.

Serena just laughed and took a step forward and said with bliss "I'm so proud that I did that! How nostalgic!"

It struck Goh with her words, he blinked a couple times and gritted his teeth. It didn't seemed like she felt any sympathy for anyone, making Goh even more exasperated.

"However.... at the same time, it seemed wrong as well." Serena lowered her head down and thought about the feeling she had Chloe's blood splattered.

"Huh?" Goh confusingly replied.

Serena couldn't even feel anything for others, but her actions felt like they were wrong. She watched Ash care for his friends and so she learned that people can care for others.

Usually, her instincts to murder would normally be the cause of jealousy. She was quite delusional that she kept overthinking about her relationship with Ash. And people who tries to get in the way and destroy their relationship.

Serena then looked at her gloved hand and visioned some blood smeared on it and with a knife too. "Chloe doesn't even like Ash. Yet, I killed her, as well for the other innocent people too." she said.

Goh then got a bit of a headache and tried to keep up with his conversation with Serena. Her explaining made him so frustrated.

Serena then looked back at Goh and asked, "Why, Goh? Why did Chloe cared for me? That's the thing that I couldn't stop thinking about. She reasoned with me instead of attacking to justify for what I've done."

Even for Goh, he couldn't understand as well. But, he knew that Chloe can show her being cold to people, she still would care for everyone.

It took him a few seconds to answer, "That's because she thinks highly about you. Sort of like, you're an icon to her."