Chapter 19 - Meaningless Life

Warning: this contains violence.

Following images will include blood.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Illustrations by Cheruyuu

Writing by SunnyVII
__________________

"Don't chase after them." Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket ordered his group not to chase after the couple.

His group looked at him very confused but had to obey their orders for him. They let Serena and Ash run outside the warehouse and get away.

Giovanni watched them run and silently grinned to himself. "We shall meet another time."

After Serena and Ash got away from them, they let themselves panting from the run they did and were at the side of the road.

Ash then turned to Serena as he places his hand on her shoulder. This made Serena looked back at him a smile. "That was close wasn't it, Ash? I'm so happy that you protected me back there..."

Serena pulled Ash to a hug and stroked his hair with one hand, and the other one wrapped against his neck. Ash returned the smile plus the hug. He felt glad to know that she had no injuries and succeeded to protect her.

Both pulled away from the hug and decided that it was time to go home already since it was getting a bit late. Moments later, it began to rain a bit. The couple ignored this while walking. But then the droplets became harsh and was starting to soak them. Ash worriedly glanced at Serena, who seemed not too bothered about the rain. He said to her with a concerned tone, "Serena. You might catch a cold. Let's go shelter ourselves to-"

Serena hushed Ash by a kiss and pulled away and looked at him with a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine... I don't care what happens to me as long that nothing happens to you."

Although her words were sweet to Ash, but he wouldn't want her to get sick. He sighed then he soon spotted a familiar car at the road and knew that it was his mother's. And thought that he should get in the car to get away from the rain with Serena.

Delia saw her son and got concerned seeing him get soaked from the rain. She stopped her car beside and rolled down her window, as she looked at her son, "Ash? What are you doing outside here? Get in before you-"

She got interrupted as she can see someone behind Ash. Delia stopped her words and gasped as her eyes widened and thought about the girl that was with her son. "Serena? But that's impossible...!"

Delia was shocked to see Serena since she knew about the incident that happened back then.

"Mom?" Ash called out as he can see the horror in his mother's eyes. He knew that something was up. Serena could see this as well and was thinking about how she can handle the situation with Ash's mother, knowing about her crimes.

Delia looked back and forth at her radio and then at the couple. Trying to think before she can act. She shook her worrying thoughts away and responded back to Ash, "N-Nothing. Just get in the car you two."

Delia's mind was suddenly clouded with anxiety and fear. Imagining a scenario that would happen anytime in the car.